Activation and Support

I signed up for the free trial 4 hours ago with my credit card. The activation call failed and I contacted support as advised. I have had no reply or acknowledgment. Still no activation. Your advert clearly states 24/7 support. Where is it? where has it been for the past 4 hours. Not a good start for web hosting where 100% reliability is a must.

Richard Fairman

The fact you needed an activation call is an indication of a problem with your signup data. Log in and go to your “Support -> Contact Support” section and try the “Live Chat” button you see there, and you can reach a support tech live (it is turned on at the moment).

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

Checked in here because a client had some trouble with the signup process. Never used the Live Help thing before - it rocks!

Big thanks to MikeG for helping me with the query I had.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Good Deal! :slight_smile:

Live Chat can be good for some things, though it really isn’t appropriate for everything. Live Chat is part of the “premium” support package that includes phone call-back service (a $9.95 per month “add-on” service to the basic hosting plan).

It is also always available to PS account holders.

From from time to time we make it available to all, but to have it always available, you need to have that premium support service provisioned to your account. :wink:

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

I’d think the Live Chat part would be better than phone support, even if you do get both. At under 10 bucks a month that’s some great value-adding, especially for new users just starting out. It’s free for VPS customers? Yet another good reason to upgrade.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Yes, Live Chat is included for all VPS customers at no additional charge. :slight_smile:

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

Hi i signed up to the new plan and had problems activating my account via the phone (the site added a wront prefix to my country code) and tried several times to make a call but then it was blocked.
i’ve tried to contact support since 3 days ago 3 times. no comment at all it’s frustrating… and not a good beggining for a begginer.
urgent help!!!