Accounts

what exactly is the purpose of the entity that the panel refers to as an ‘account’? i had surmised that its purpose was to segregate management functions so that they have separate logins & capabilities within the panel (e.g., resellers would use a separate account for each self-maintaining customer to prevent them from seeing/manipulating other customers’ (and the reseller’s own personal) settings and objects) but it appears that each account must also have a completely separate hosting plan… so now i’m confused about the purpose of an ‘account’ and how one actually IS supposed to create a user who has individual panel capabilities and restrictions, yet uses space from my ‘global’ hosting plan. picks nose

tmike
tmike at tmike your dot pants com
(to reply by email, drop your pants)

edit: well, duh… i see now how to edit the capabilities that a user has within the panel and that it doesn’t require a separate account… but that leaves the question of … what purpose do additonal accounts actually serve?

As far as I know, you can’t have more than one account. I think I remember someone saying that this wasn’t always the case.

I could very well be wrong, though.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

“Accounts” are referred to in several places in the panel and I’m not positive which you’re talking about.

(Billing > Manage Account)First, you can own more than one account at DH - just as long as you sign up for them through your panel. You’re not allowed to use a promo code or refer your self obviously. but if you need more stoarage space or whatever you can sign up and pay for an other account.

You can also (Users > Account Privileges) allow other people to access parts of your panel. For instance you may decided to host a domain for a friend, you can set them up with a panel log in that only has access to their domains (E-mail, mysql, etc.) and none of your domains or the billing section.

There also used to be a place in the panel that referenced what account you were currently logged in as - though I don’t see that now in my panel, for people who manage multiple accounts for clients.

Hope this helps.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website