Account Tests

Would someone be so kind as to inform me whether or not they still see the button to issue an Account Test in Panel please?

[color=#00CC00]Panel > Support > Account Tests[/color]

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

It is indeed still there for me.

Thanks Daniel!

The button reappeared for me 15 minutes or so ago after not being there for the past week. Very strange indeed.

Just quietly, I’m having a few major problems and am fast approaching the ALL CAPS stage :wink:

Some months ago I had a time where the Account Tests button was there (in the nav section to the left), but when I went to it the actual “make a test happen” button wasn’t.

What kinds of issues are you experiencing?

Yeah, that was the same in this case. I had the link, but no magic button.

The issues I’m having are the kind only Support can fix, sadly.

The most pressing: it appears my IP is being blocked at router level at random (and multiple) times throughout the day for hours each time. http, sftp, ssh - all dead to me. As one can imagine, this kinda makes it somewhat difficult to get anything done :slight_smile:

Server is up, sites are all up (apparently) but I can’t see them without using a proxy. Hoorah!

Dang… that’s a weird one. What do you suppose would cause such a thing as that? I just noticed and tried the one in your sig, is that one affected (works for me, but I realize that does you no good in getting to it!)?

How long have you been waiting for support to fix it?

I have no clue what started it. Began about a week ago with short periods where I’d lose connectivity for 15 minutes to an hour each time, then moved on to a couple hours, then increased. Today it cut out about 10 hours ago and I haven’t been able to get in since.

I noticed root was on for a few days last week, then some new names appeared. Then some more. Server loads (which have been awesome for the past year) have jumped dramatically - tenfold actually - so I just put the outtages down to the new guys mucking about and screwing things up (as we do) so didn’t bother Support about it. When I realised the problem wasn’t going away (and getting worse) I let them know I was having issues and they asked for some traceroutes to ensure the problem was definitely at their end. I sent a handful in that indicate the server is denying access from my IP specifically, so it’ll likely be fixed sometime soon.

“LOOSING THOUSANDSSSSS” haha! :wink:

Hmmm… I hope that root was actually legit!

Hopefully you’ll not have to join the status blog comments club with that one!

Keep us posted on this, as it lets us all know what we can expect should we ever find ourselves having a serious issue.

I was working on a bloke’s VPS the other day and root was logged in there as well, with indication it had been logged in for a coupla days too. I put it down to a robot like a One-Click Install script not being flagged as logged out or something. I mentioned it to Support, albeit briefly.