Account Pending

Just purchased web hosting for the first time, with domain transfer from another vendor (NameCheap). My account has been pending for ~15 hours and it has been a bit frustrating knowing that customer service has not gotten back to me yet.

Based on my research it seems that DreamHost’s employees operate on Pacific Time, but wouldn’t a little outsourcing to provide 24 hour support add value to their customer service offerings? Just trying to think from the perspective of someone who needs fast turnarounds on issues and cannot afford the opportunity cost of waiting even a few hours to resolve hosting issues.

i weit for my site 4 day omg and not conformation my site again the dreamhost pff

DreamHost’s account team just approved my account literally <10 min after posting my first message, so thanks to their team for a speedy response! Would still like to know others’ thoughts on them integrating 24 hour service into their customer service offerings :slight_smile:

Dreamhost does have 24 hours support, just not for manual account approvals.

Automatic/instantaneous account approval is possible, however your account request either contained information that raised a flag, or came from a region of the world that dreamhost previously has experienced a high rate of fraud, thus causing the need for manual approval.

Thanks for the response! Good to know that they do have 24 hour service :slight_smile:

It has been discussed numerous times. In any case DH’s initial perception can be poor when they do not process manual new accounts on weekends/Public Holidays, which could leave people waiting a few days – and as I haven’t signed up for a decade I do not know what their messaging says. However, once live, the service is good value (not the cheapest), reliable (it had downtime a few years ago, but for the past 18months or so has been up 100%), and the support is good, coupled with a company with personality (the blog, newsletters) and a community heart (charity hosting, charitable donations, roadshows, wiki and forum) makes for a very compelling package.

I’m not sure if it would be popular or something DH would consider, but a small premium fee could be levied for out of hours approvals, potentially reducing or refunded when hosting is renewed.

I agree with everything you said. The problem that I see is that Dreamhost doesn’t set a correct and accurate expectation of the wait time. It’s 2016 and they should be able to say “Your submission requires manual approval, the internal department that handles manual approval is now closed and will reopen in XX hours.” (avoiding time zone conversions or misunderstandings) Even better would be messaging that takes into account manual approval queue size and give an actual approximation of when a human will process the manual approval.