Account Pending

My account is still listed as pending after 2 days, even though I am paid in full for a full year of hosting. My support ticket number is #5595259.

Is your support always this slow? I’m a little concerned about your customer service. If I need support am I always going to have to wait 2+ days? Seems like too long to wait.

They are usually faster. The place they aren’t fast tho, is if you don’t pass the automated approval process and get queued for manual approval on a WEEKEND then there is no one around in billing until Monday

And that’s exactly what happened. Looks like Jamie got that taken care of for you. :slight_smile:

Hello, my account is still listed as pending after a week, even if I am paid in full for a full year of hosting. My ticket number is # 1413107 support.

I’m worried about the damage and wait for my business. When can I start using the service?

Hi Ravi,

I apologize for the delay on your account,
Please submit a ticket to our Approvals team here:

https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg&

And I’ll advise them of your ticket. They should be getting in soon so this shouldn’t take much longer.

Thanks!
Justin H
DreamHost Staff

ravisantiago - I replied to your email, alas I’m not in billing so I can’t fix it for you like I can for WP :frowning:

Ravusantiago, I apologize. I missed the part with the ticket number. Unfortunately, like Mika said, we have to wait on our billing/approvals dep.

I apologize for the delay

Hey there! Looks like Jamie got that taken care of for you as well! You’re approved and good to go! If you need anything else, just give us a holler. Thanks! :slight_smile: