Account pending

when will be my account approve, i’m still waiting. (1,5 days)

Ask support, but usually it’s within one opening day

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

We’re almost all customers like you. Well most of us already have validated accounts so in that way we’re not like you.

It doesn’t usually take too long, especially if you give support ONE quick poke. Don’t bury them with requests or they’ll get annoyed. There’s nothing scarier than an annoyed DH ninja - except maybe an ex.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit until 12/11/07.

Here on the forums, we’ve observed that the time it takes to approve accounts depends on a couple of factors:

1. Are you outside the United States?
  2. Did you pay via Google Checkout?
  3. Does the billing address on your form of payment match the address of record you’ve given to dreamhost?

Google Checkout takes longer, particularly for non-US customers. This is supposed to be because of the additional time that extra anti-fraud checks take and the fact that there’s sometimes a delay in the Google Checkout payment arriving at Dreamhost. I personally suspect that this isn’t an actual payment delay but is some kind of payment reversibility delay, but I have absolutely no evidence for this.

Direct credit card payments from outside the U.S. take longer as well for anti-fraud checks.

A mismatch on your billing address will trigger some kind of manual approval process which will delay processing. Again, the underlying cause is fraud prevention.

In the meantime, have a look around, enjoy the weather, etc. :slight_smile:

Good luck and welcome!

Extra lifetime domain and $82 off with code [color=#CC0000]1DOM82[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. More Dreamhost coupons

Has it activate now ?

You know, I’m curious also with this kind of activation pending. I sometimes look at the panel for statistic of those who clicks on my referral code. It actually receives quite a good number of clicks but rarely someone come out with a payment. Dunno if it has to do with this payment fraud checking that takes a long time and finally rejected ? :frowning:

Supernova

Need promo code? Use [color=#00CC00]Supernova[/color] (you get $97 off on yearly plans): SIGN UP NOW !

Check out instructions on how to apply the code !

I suspect that most clicks are just from people who look into dreamhost but then decide not to sign up, not from people who sign up but then are rejected. One thing you should consider doing is a geographic analysis of your click-through.

Finally, there are probably bots clicking through the links.

This does bring up the question of whether referrals are posted upon signup or upon approval. I think that referrals are posted on signup and then refunded on rejection, but I could see it being the other way. Even in that case I’d think that you’d see the signup on the Referral Report since incomplete signups appear on that report as well.

This all being off-topic to the OP, who is being very patient in waiting for their account approval now, I must say!

Extra lifetime domain and $82 off with code [color=#CC0000]1DOM82[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. More Dreamhost coupons

My account is also still pending. it’s been a few days, and I don’t know what’s wrong. I mean the payment has already been made and I don’t live outside the US.

Yea mine 2… im waiting for like 2 days now… and ive paid via paypal… so its instant pay. Im starting to regret buying acc from DH… :confused:

Try to contact support from your panel.

Once they got confirmed from google / paypal they will activated your account.

Supernova

Need promo code? Use [color=#00CC00]Supernova[/color] (you get $97 off on yearly plans): SIGN UP NOW !

Check out instructions on how to apply the code !

Hmm. Interesting. Does the address you gave Dreamhost exactly match the billing address on your credit card?

3 extra lifetime domains and (the new maximum) $50 off with code [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color]. More Dreamhost coupons

Interesting as well, if the address you gave Dreamhost for your account matches the address on your credit card or a confirmed address for paypal, I can only guess that the account application has somehow triggered some internal fraud check at dreamhost - that maybe you’ve been profiled into a category that makes them think that you’ve either previously had an account here and/or that your site doesn’t comply with the ToS, maybe?

Or it could just be an accounting snafu.

As we’ve all seen here, there are certainly enough observations of instant activation of dreamhost accounts for you to be at least slightly worried that your account is being held up for reason so you should send in a support ticket to see what’s up. I recommend trying to be nice about it being an a** is bound to trigger additional fraud protection. (reminds me of how you have to be nice to the flight attendants on flights from South American lest you trigger their “suspicions” that you should be “checked” for drugs. :slight_smile:

BTW, that last bit was a joke, in case anyone missed that point. :wink:

3 extra lifetime domains and (the new maximum) $50 off with code [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color]. More Dreamhost coupons

I pay through DH own payment module and get activated right away. And I’m outside US.

TTL
SIGN UP with $50 off + 2 lifetime domains with [color=#00CC00]50FORGOOD[/color]code

Thanks, it’s always good to get additional datapoints for what takes longer and what kinds of signups can happen immediately. I’d still be interested in hearing the resolution of these non-immediate signups - both in specifying the parameters of the signup and their ultimate resolution. That’s information that I think will be valuable to people worried that they are in unusual situations that need to be brought to the attention of support.