Account is Pending

Hi,

When I enter my dashboard it says my account is still pending. It has been more than 4 days since then - same thing.

You also don’t reply to my tickets.

Please activate my account or send me a refund, thanks.

Shockingly the people in approvals only approve during regular business hours west coast USA time (GMT-8). Meaning holiday weekends like this (in the USA Monday was a holiday) can go about 3.5 days before you hear from them if you got diverted to manual approval early evening on Friday.

It looks like they didn’t get to you today tho, so add another day of waiting…

At least they could have reply some of my tickets. Was all their support non working 4 days? :frowning:

Support is in, but they don’t read tickets that get sorted to other depts, such as approvals. This is not a new problem, it’s been around for years. It’s most evident on weekends that include a holiday in the USA, but in actuality its a problem every week for anyone that signs up late friday or saturday and gets routed to manual approval.

FWIW, dreamhost has said in the past that getting routed to manual approval means that at least one security checks failed during the registration process. Of course it wouldn’t be good security for dreamhost to explain that fully, we do know however that one of the checks involves submitting a small transaction (between 1 and 2 dollars) to the card used, and if you owe nothing due to the free trial then immediately refunding the amount.

I just want to have my account, it is been around 5 days since then, I’ve paid and I didn’t receive the service. I don’t understand their bureaucracy and I think a customer should not care about their bureaucracy, it is their job, I want the product/service which I’ve ordered or at least a refund if they can’t deliver it at all. I want a simple answer will they setup my account or they will refund me. No response, I’ve send my question to the billing team, no answer. I know there were some US holidays, but it is been around 5 days from the day of the payment, it is too much :frowning:

I prefer to have an account with them or at least they could send me a refund for not providing me such for whatever reason.

It seems very odd situation, I am STILL waiting for them to setup my account, refund me or to reply to any of my tickets. It is CRAZY situation, I’ve never experienced anything like this with a hosting service before!
[hr]
IS THERE ANYONE FROM THE SUPPORT READING THIS, ANYONE???

I AM WAITING !!! I AM WAITING !!! I AM WAITING !!!
[hr]
Hi,

This is my fifth ticket, because you don’t reply to any of my first 5 tickets.

I am waiting from 5 DAYS !!! for you to set-up my account.

You didn’t set up my account, you didn’t reply to my tickets.

I want you to SET UP my account or at least give me a refund for my money !!!

WHAT PEOPLE ARE WORKING AT THIS COMPANY, THIS IS MADNESS !!! 5 DAYS !!!
[hr]
I WANT REFUND, I’VE ALREADY RECEIVED A VPS FOR JUST FEW MINUTES FROM OTHER PLACE !!! I WANT REFUND !!!

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us for support. I apologize for the delay in response and any frustration it has caused. Our Approvals team has all your tickets and just sent you an email update. Your account has been cancelled and your money refunded. Thank you for your patience it is appreciated!

Thanks!
Matt C

dreamhost is going downhill. be ready to jump ship.

I don’t find that to be true at all. Also the delayed manual approvals issue is not new, its repeated consistently for years.

I do believe they should come up with a better system for manual approvals, or at the very least provide a better emessaging of what happened and a specific window that people should be hearing back from the approvals dept. This is 2014, it’s not hard to identify when the next business day is and count the tickets going in the queue for that day and when it’s full advance to the next day.

This particular issue gets them re-curing bad social media exposure, and it seems like there would be a pretty simple fix by either adjusting scheduling, or writing the script in such a way that it can set a specific expectation for the customer. The current messaging says simply that you will hear back in 24 hours which is simply not true after late Friday afternoon any weekend, and it’s especially bad on weekends that have a holiday attached.