Account has both a DS and a PS, trying to make sense of it

vps

Hello,

I’m the new IT guy at our company, and am trying to make sense of our setup and what my predecessor has done.

We have a dedicated server, and 4 “FULLY” hosted domains on the ds.
Manage Accounts on the control panel lists our DS and our hosting plan as our only Service Plans. However, under servers, we have our ds, but also a ps. And on our monthly invoice we are billed for the DS, and also for a PS with 600MB of RAM.

To me, the PS seems redundant and unused. It has no users, no domains, and it’s usage graphs are basically flat. So I don’t understand why we have it. Before I go about cancelling it however, I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

Is the PS somehow connected to the DS? I don’t see why it would be, but on our bandwidth usage, I see 0.00 usage for our DS, even though the individual domains and users that are on the DS show bandwidth usage. I don’t see the PS listed anywhere in bandwidth, disk, or sql usage.

Also, is there any place to view CPU/RAM usage stats for the DS the way it is available under the VPS manage resources? I honestly don’t know that we need a full DS rather than a VPS, but seeing a graph of our DS resource usage would give me a much better idea.

Any light that can be shed on this would be appreciated. I’d imagine most folks have a dedicated OR a private server, not both, but could be misunderstanding their usage.

Thanks.