My account has been disabled & I have been writing messages to the support to know the problem for 4 months now and no answer. my client is being put in a very critical situation & I wanted to transfer the registered domain to another registrar but I couldn’t get access to my registered domain as the account is disabled. Could somebody please advice? this took alot of time already.
If you haven’t already done it, I suggest a good first step would be to familiarize yourself with the cases in which a registrar may legitimately deny a transfer request, and ensure that
(a) you do not fall into any of these cases
(b) DreamHost does not believe that you fall into any of these cases.
Here is some useful information:
[quote]The Registrar of Record may deny a transfer request only in the following specific instances:
- Evidence of fraud
- UDRP action
- Court order by a court of competent jurisdiction
- Reasonable dispute over the identity of the Registered Name Holder or Administrative Contact
- No payment for previous registration period (including credit card charge-backs) if the domain name is past its expiration date or for previous or current registration periods if the domain name has not yet expired. In all such cases, however, the domain name must be put into “Registrar Hold” status by the Registrar of Record prior to the denial of transfer.
- Express objection to the transfer by the authorized Transfer Contact. Objection could take the form of specific request (either by paper or electronic means) by the authorized Transfer Contact to deny a particular transfer request, or a general objection to all transfer requests received by the Registrar, either temporarily or indefinitely. In all cases, the objection must be provided with the express and informed consent of the authorized Transfer Contact on an opt-in basis and upon request by the authorized Transfer Contact, the Registrar must remove the lock or provide a reasonably accessible method for the authorized Transfer Contact to remove the lock within five (5) calendar days
- The transfer was requested within 60 days of the creation date as shown in the registry Whois record for the domain name.
- A domain name is within 60 days (or a lesser period to be determined) after being transferred (apart from being transferred back to the original Registrar in cases where both Registrars so agree and/or where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs). “Transferred” shall only mean that an inter-registrar transfer has occurred in accordance with the procedures of this policy.
Instances when the requested change of Registrar may not be denied include, but are not limited to:
- Nonpayment for a pending or future registration period
- No response from the Registered Name Holder or Administrative Contact.
- Domain name in Registrar Lock Status, unless the Registered Name Holder is provided with the reasonable opportunity and ability to unlock the domain name prior to the Transfer Request.
- Domain name registration period time constraints, other than during the first 60 days of initial registration or during the first 60 days after a registrar transfer.
- General payment defaults between Registrar and business partners / affiliates in cases where the Registered Name Holder for the domain in question has paid for the registration.
The Registrar of Record has other mechanisms available to collect payment from the Registered Name Holder that are independent from the Transfer process. Hence, in the event of a dispute over payment, the Registrar of Record must not employ transfer processes as a mechanism to secure payment for services from a Registered Name Holder. Exceptions to this requirement are as follows:
(i) In the case of non-payment for previous registration period(s) if the transfer is requested after the expiration date, or (ii) In the case of non-payment of the current registration period, if transfer is requested before the expiration date.[/quote]
Thanks for the instant reply.
I have not tried to transfer as I didn’t find my domain listed in my web panel. I think when disabling the account they remove all of the services.
So what do you suggest to resolve this? knowing that I have been sending messages to the support for 4 months now and no single answer is sent back!
Are you using this webform to contact support? (I believe from the choices in the dropdown on the form that choosing “Abuse Department” would be the best choice)
Keep in mind also that if you are communicating from an email address not listed on the account that you need to explain explicitly why you are doing that and give detailed information that proves you are the owner of the account. Dreamhost will not even reply to messages that they suspect are fraudulent or an attempt to take over an account by someone not associated with the account.
I have used the contact form & the contact support from my web panel. I have tried the abuse department option as you suggested now. I hope they reply. thanks alot.