"Account currently pending approval" - Paypal

Hello

Just wondering how long it generally takes for DreamHost accounts to be approved when paid with Paypal . . . I paid for mine about 8 hours ago (got the paypal reciept) and im still waiting, shouldnt it be pretty much instant ?

Also, I dont suppose theres any way to get the promo code discount after you’ve applied and paid for the account ?

The time for account approval can vary quite a bit, seemingly regardless of how it is paid for. Some accounts can be approved within minutes, while others can take days.

When I first signed up (paying by PayPal), my account was up and running within 10-15 minutes. However, a friend of mine signed up the next day (also paying by PayPal) and his account wasn’t approved for 3 or so days.

About all I can suggest is to sit tight and wait for the approval email.

As far as I know, you have to specify any promo-code during the sign-up process. If you didn’t do this then I think you are out of luck, sorry.

Also, I recall DreamHost changing things a while ago that removed the ability to use a promo-code if you were paying by a method other than credit card. I am not 100% sure this is still the case, but I suspect that it is.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Yep. If you want to use a Promo Code then you have to pay via Credit Card and enter the appropriate code during the signup process.