Account changes

Hi,

I’m probably going to switch my churches webhost from Yahoo to Dreamhost. We are investigating whether we are officially a non-profit organization, with the appropriate paperwork, which will give us free DH webhosting. My question is, if I sign-up now, without using the non-profit status, and we find out that we are indeed a non-profit, will we be refunded the difference, and have our plan upgraded appropriately?

TIA…

Have you sent a ticket to DH?

I think DH support is the right person to answer your question.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

Why don’t you signup straight to non profit ?
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Non-profit_Discount

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

I would, but we aren’t sure if we are “officially” non-profit, and I don’t want to wait to get moving on redesigning the website.

You could always sign up for the one year prepaid with one of the many $97 promo codes floating around here. That way you’re only out-of-pocket $23 even if they won’t refund your initial outlay.

Get a free unique IP and $67 off with the promo code [color=#CC0000]LENSMANFREEIP67[/color] or just take $97 off with [color=#CC0000]LENSMAN97[/color]. Click Here

I think you mean the level 1 plan.

I will not suggest to sign up for one year level 1 plan. As stated in wiki http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Non-profit_Discount DreamHost offers a FREE Strictly Business plan to non-profit, charitable, organizations registered in the United States.

I’ll suggest you to contact DH support to clear your doubts.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

I’m not suggesting it as a long-term strategy, I’m just saying that if he wants to get started today with the Level 1 plan and following up with upgrading to the Strictly Business plan on Monday, that he’s only be risking $23.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LENSMANFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LENSMAN97[/color] for $97 off. Click Here

I’d wait until you know for sure. DH is pretty cool about some things but sometimes it’s best to just take it easy.

I believe their requirement was that you be 501©(3) or have official documentation as to what section of th tax code entitles you to tax free status.

I tried telling them that I didn’t make any money but they didn’t go for that.

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.

Thanks all. Received my answer from support, and they will reimburse me accordingly if I find out my organization is indeed an official non-profit.

Thanks for the help.