Account activation

Hello.

How long does the account activation process take?

I signed up earlier and had to recieve a call to activate my account but it failed, I sent a support message to activate but I have had no reply in over 6 hours, I hope this isnt the level of support I’m in for should I continue using dreamhost.

This isn’t a very good first impression.

This sounds just like this post:
http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=forum_troubleshooting&Number=125839&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&part=1#Post125848

-Scott

Quite.
I think Im just going to cancel my account, suppose its cheap for a reason.
its now 9 hours since I signed up and not a peep out of customer support.

Well I give up.

Complete incompetence, not what I would expect from a large hosting company.

Every other host I’ve used has activated instantly and replied to tickets within an hour, usually within minutes.

Message from you (Mar 20th, 2010 - 21:38:14 / #3755961)
Subject: account activation

13 hours and nothing, I’m getting out before its too late.

Better hurry and cancel before that one year free trial runs out.

No time to dilly dally :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

you may find it funny, maybe thats because you expect a substandard level of service.

Regardless of how much I pay, I expect to have what I pay for in a reasonable amount of time

36 hours and no reply to a ticket, no activation, its a shambles.

You could train monkeys to provide a better level of customer care.

Oh well they have lost my business, Ive just registered the domain and got hosting with another company, and yes I had it activated within 10 minutes

I just wanted to add that over the past 2 1/2 years I’ve had pretty good support and service, far better than most companies. I’m sorry that they haven’t responded to your request in a timely fashion. I think most people are pretty satisfied with dreamhost and I would vouch to give them another chance, still thanks for voicing your concern.
God bless
-Brian

Use GUATEMALABRIAN3D (3 domains & $50 off) or other Dreamhost Coupons at signup!

One year free trial? Where can I sign up?

-Scott

Yeah, was amazed at the 12 months free trial when I went to take a gander at the latest sign-up page. Pretty nice “test period”.

I’m not finding that.

-Scott

Was the other day when I helped a client sign-up for a year.

What’s the trial period today?

I thought it was two weeks. Do you really have to start signing up just to find out the length of the free trial? I don’t see mention of how long it is on the front page or features section.

-Scott

Nor do I. No mention of the 97 day money back guarantee either unless you hunt around in the links. Just realised that not only do they do the 97 day guarantee thing, as per usual, but they also reimburse you (pro-rata I s’pose) even if you go over the guaranteed time and then decide to bolt.

Madness!

I use DH for 2 years too and my 3rd year is already paid, and I would have to pay on June! :slight_smile:

VISIT MY WEBSITE!

I am switching to a new service — can’t take the excuses for lack of response and downtime anymore

just wondering how you went with this? End up getting activated?

Dear Supporters!

In my account (Theresa’s Account (#416084)) has a website named enterdown.com with illegal contents and has been removed form my account. Now I need to get restore all my database. Please reactive my account for a while and I done this job. I hope so that my request will be approve and no this case happen again in the future!

Thanks for your attention my request!

Best Regard!

No one here can help you with this. You need to submit a support request via the web panel, and our Abuse/Security people will respond to you regarding any further access to data (and they may, or may not, provide any such access depending upon the circumstances involved).

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

Please tell them to active my account for me please! I talk them but no any any reply for me. Please talk with them for me. Please please!

Heh. Reminded me of that movie with Robert DeNiro.