Account activation?

Hi,

How long does it take for the account to be activated?

I was under the impression from the website that this was done as soon as you signed up. Looks like it’s not though, I only have access to a disabled account.

Thanks.

It varies, some accounts seem to be approved almost immediately, while others take a few days.

I think the variation has a lot to do with DreamHosts automated fraud detection system. As I understand it, certain (unknown) aspects of an application can trigger this system and the application gets flagged for manual approval, which takes time.

If your account is not approved within a day or so, a support request (sent through the panel) has been known to speed the process.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

yup.
in may case it takes more than a week
if your account is not activated in 1 day (or in 12hours)
notice them imidiately.

Week-ends seem to be particulary bad for this. If you sign-up on (or just before) a week-end and get flagged for manual approval, it can take a while.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )