Accidentally set cloaking, site won't come back

Hi there,
I accidentally set up cloaking for my domain. I realized my mistake and quickly disabled the cloaking. Visitors to my site get the following error message:

Domain Cloaking Error
We’re sorry, we had a problem with our web panel when you set up cloaking for your domain domain.com!
Please go to the DreamHost Web Panel’s Domain > Web area and click the [Edit] link next to domain.com to re-configure cloaking.

Error: no domain domain.com/domain.com

The funny part is, the subdomains all still work.

It’s been about a half hour since I turned it off now, and the site still cannot be accessed. I’m worried because most things set in the panel take effect in about five minutes.

That part of the message is the hint, though you don’t want to re-configure it as “cloaked”; you want it to be “fully hosted” (I assume). :wink:

Go to the Control Panel -> Domains -> Manage Domains screen and click “edit” in the “Hosting” column for the domain.

Complete the “fully hosted” section (set options as desired), then “save” it (submit the form by clicking “Change fully hosted settings now”, and give it some time to take effect.

That should “regenerate” the fully hosted status of your domain.

–rlparker

Once I made a change on the panel just for it to show as changed but for some reason didn’t actually change anything. You could try turning cloaking back on in the panel give it a little time then turn it off again.

$97 DISCOUNT till 11/12 [color=#CC0000]USEITORLOSEIT[/color] $50 afterwards. More codes