Access to the control panel is far too slow

I’m sorry if this has been discussed before, and Im curious if anyone else has this same issue, but it can take anywhere from 5-20 seconds to get access to the control panel. How could this possibly be? Am I the only one? I’m in southern ontario, Canada but I don’t think distance to the server could possibly affect things that much…normal web pages load fine usually.

I’m just outside Philadelphia, and it can take anywhere from 2 seconds to “Timed-out” for me! The Control Panel is being used more or less constantly, so I expect it to be quite sluggish from time to time.

Sometimes, this discussion forum and the wiki are slow for me too.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Slow here too. There was a feature request a while back to make it faster. That was “implemented” but I didn’t see much of a speed boost. In some cases, I could build the entire page by hand faster than it loads.

Maybe its just me (I sure hope not), but today the Web Admin Panel seems lightning fast, well compared to its recent speed anyway.

I also noticed some minor changes here and there in the panel.

Edit: I have also noticed that these forums are much faster than they have been recently, hopefully this new speed is not a temporary thing.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

a couple hours after I posted, the panel was faster than it has been in years, and it’s still fast.

I get slow loading times and fast loading times :stuck_out_tongue:

Slow = sometimes up to 10 mins and it never loads lol.

is it just me, or is the panel down right now?

Yeah, it is down for me too.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

and its back now…

Isn’t there a way to speed this thing up? I mean Christ I’ve been trying to access the thing for over 40 minutes now and it keeps timing out.

The panel was down (for me at least) a little while ago, that might explain your problems.

Its back up now and seems quite fast here.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )