Access Denied

dreamobjects

Hi there.

I am using CyberDuck to upload files to DO, but everytime I try to go to a folder I see this:

AccessDenied

Bucket is public, but I don’t know abt the folder. On DH Panel I can change to public or private for buckets and files, not folders.
When I try to do on CyberDuck, it will try to do using amazon link (you see at footer). I changed connection to objects.dreamhost.com, it works fine, just to change folder ACL.
I tried using CrossFTP and it will always upload as private, tried changing and didnt work.

Anyone knows a better program to use?

I’m a little confused, but what I think you’re saying is that you’re opening a browser window to bucket.objects.dreamhost.com/folder and you’re seeing the access denied error.

The interesting thing about folders in object storage is that they’re simulated. All of your files still live in a large bucket, but when a folder is uploaded, the object is named with the folder in the name. For example, Song.mp3 in the folder Music is actually named Music/Song.mp3 in your bucket.

We simulate the folder structure to make it easier to navigate. This also means you can’t go to bucket.objects.dreamhost.com/folder and see a listing of the files in the folder.

So there is no private or public for folders? Only buckets and files?

That’s correct, only buckets and files.

I’m getting this same error. I’m using Interarchy, going to [bucket].dreamhost.com is giving me a 403.

GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept: /
Host: [bucket].objects.dreamhost.com
Authorization: AWS
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2012 03:41:34 GMT
User-Agent: Interarchy/10.0.2

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 03:41:34 GMT
Server: Apache
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 78
Connection: close
Content-Type: application/xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>AccessDenied

Someone was using Interarchy in the office and getting similar errors. We’re still trying to figure out why.