About New Users Payment Options

I want to sign up a plan with DH, but now the payment options only have Google Checkout & Check or Money Order.

Where are the PayPal & credit card?

I suggest you use the contact form and put this question to Dreamhost.

Web Hosting Review | Hot Product Directory

there may be some changes in DH.

yes, DH prefers Google Checkout. But I think they will still accept paypal and credit card.

I’ll suggest you to try it one more time. If the same thing happens again, contact DH support as soon as possible

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

that’s probably because Google Checkout sales are free for 2007.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: choose your plan

This is the second time this question has come up in the last few days.

As mentioned in the thread above; Under normal circumstances, if your application triggers the automated fraud detection system you will be directed to Google checkout for payment. It is possible that DreamHost has ‘tweaked’ the system and some applications are now triggering the system at an earlier stage of the purchasing process.

As others have said; contact DreamHost support using the contact form below and explain the situation, they should be able to explain what is happening in your case.

http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I received the mail from sales@DH

Hello,

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, you wrote:

[quote]I want to sign up a plan with DH, but now the payment options only have

Google Checkout & Check or Money Order.

Where are the PayPal & credit card?

[/quote]

Unfortunately if you’re seeing this then your card was flagged as being
possibly fraudulent by our fraud department, who requires that Google
checkout be used in order to verify the card in these cases.

Please complete your transaction via Google Checkout. You’ll find the
option in your control panel (panel.dreamhost.com) under Billing > Make A
Payment. It should be approved automatically and be ready for use
shortly after you finish the transaction :slight_smile: I apologize for the
inconvenience.

If you cannot use the Google option, you may do a fax authorization. You
may print the required form at http://www.dreamhost.com/fax. Be sure to
fill out the entire form and include the credit card imprint as well.

If you do not have access to a fax machine, you may send it to us at:

DreamHost Attn: Fax Verifications PMB #247 417 Associated Rd. Brea, CA
92821 USA

We unfortunately cannot accept scans of this form. We will need this
form faxed or mailed to us or the approval process cannot continue. Fax
verifications are approved within 1-2 business days of reciept.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sherisa

I think DH misunderstood my meaning, Once I fille the form and press “Continue to secure payment”, the next page only have Google Checkout & Check or Money Order.
I have not yet input credit card information. How did DH know my card was flagged as being
possibly fraudulent by DH fraud department???

It appears that my suspicion that this was related to the auto fraud detection system was correct.

Is there any reason why you do not wish to use Google Checkout for payment? I believe you can still use your credit-card with Google Checkout.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

[quote]How did DH know my card was flagged as being
possibly fraudulent by DH fraud department???[/quote]
It is possible that the auto fraud detection system is triggering on other aspects of your application, maybe something as simple as your country of origin.

DreamHost does not release too much information about the mechanics of their fraud detection system, for obvious reasons.

Mark

I’m in China, The Google CheckOut can’t be used in my country now.

Damn, that makes things difficult.

I guess your best option would be to fax the credit-card rubbing to DreamHost, as suggested in the support email. Although, I realize that access to a fax machine is not too common in some countries.

Good luck.

Mark

Thank you Raz2133. :slight_smile:

Hi. I think some so-called credit card in china does not really mean credit card. It is a card for local (china) use only. Unless yours is gold card, or something like that.

I guess that why you can’t pay using your card. I’ll suggest you to check with your bank whether you can pay overseas using the card or not

paypal is available in china. maybe you wanna try to pay using paypal. but note paypal payment is not refundable

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

hello nathan823, I have used Paypal for 3+ years, It’s always OK, but DH now only have two payment options, I can’t see Paypal or Credit Card…

I was able to pay using credit card and paypal before. But I do not see the options now in the payment page.

I don’t think I trigged any credit card fraud. I really don’t understand. Maybe DH only accepts google checkout now. Let’s what other people says.

meanwhile, I’ll suggest you to contact DH support. First make sure you can pay overseas. Then ask DH how to pay using credit card.

What country are you from Nathan? If the fraud detection system is being triggered by country of origin, and I am not saying it definitely is, you may be seeing the same thing as the original poster.

It is possible that DreamHost is now removing some payment options for customers from certain ‘high risk’ countries.

Mark

I’m from singapore. I personally think that singapore should not be one of the countries that triggers credit card fraud. But it is alwasy hard to say :wink:

I did see the paypal and credit card options when I signed up last time. But I don’t see them now in the same place using the same laptop.

Is it possible that somebody in singapore triggered credit card fraud and DH forces all people from singapore to pay using google checkout? I don’t understand DH’s system :frowning:

But I believe that DH will still accept credit card and paypal payment. Or they will lose lots of customers.

It’s possible, but it’s hard to understand how they could classify Singapore as a ‘high risk’ country.

There is always the possibility that there is a bug in the system that DreamHost is not yet aware of. If so, I am sure they’ll catch on soon enough and rectify it.

Mark

agree. :wink:

My guess is that they are doing some changes in the system.

is it worth to sent them a ticket?

Its hard to say. If this is a bug, I am guessing they will notice any significant change in their sign-up rate pretty quickly. :wink:

Mark