About Hosting plans

i am very new in web site making.

I have viewed the hosting plan and things that Crazy Domain Insane is best suitable for my first site.

But, I have a question that in plan i have encountered a line in web space and monthly bandwidth which is :

automatic increases weekly by 1GB in Web space
and automatic increases weekly by 16GB in bandwidth

Is this that the total web space provided by DH is incremented weakly by 1 GB and same for bandwidth.

Is i am understanding right ?

THANKS

please Answer my question …

Yes, every week that you are a customer, you will gain 1GB more in disk space and 16GB more in bandwidth.

Does that answer your question?

For 30% more diskspace, 30% more bandwidth, and $40 off use promo code [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

fidgeting.net

Thanks for the answer

At the moment the starting space and bandwidth for new customers are decreasing but for every week you are a customer it goes up by those amounts for you.

Get [color=#00CC00]$97 DISCOUNT[/color] with [color=#CC0000]DISCOMBO97[/color] >> More Codes

Why don’t you encourage him to use a promo code? Using a promo code he will get 200 gb disk and 2000 gb bandwidth(on ‘crazy domain insane’ plan) beside with the $97 discount or free extra features. It can he helpful to new guys. I think encouraging new guys to use a promo code will make them feel that DreamHost is in their(customers) fair. So they’ll usually like DreamHost.

Promo codes for you:
[color=#CC0000]FUN[/color]=$97 off
[color=#CC0000]FUN55[/color]=50% xtra disk & transfer
[color=#CC0000]FUN6[/color]=xtra 6 domain
[color=#CC0000]FUNIP[/color]=1 IP $60 off
[color=#CC0000]FUN1D[/color]=double disk space

I joined two weeks ago and I get 200GB Disk Space and 2048GB Bandwidth to start with (the decreasing Starting Disk Space and Bandwidth do not apply!). Now after 2 week, I got 202GB of Disk Space and 2080GB of Bandwidth.

PromoCode
FULL_97_OFF <-CLICK = host 1 yr for $22.4
[color=#CC0000]LIFE_IP_67_OFF
2_DOMS_67_OFF
3_DOMS_52_OFF[/color]

Didn’t notice that, on the plan comparison it says the staring levels are going down but you are right for some reason it doesn’t actually apply.

Get [color=#00CC00]$97 DISCOUNT[/color] with [color=#CC0000]DISCOMBO97[/color] >> More Codes

It has been approved that you will get the original space and bandwidth if you sign up with a promo code. It means, for level 1 plan, you get 200GB space, not 175GB space. good eh!

As long as you stay in DH, space and bandwidth increases. good eh!

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]

not that the extra bandwidth makes much of a difference to me right now, in 4 weeks I have used <10gb but have gained 64gb.

Oh well nice to know that in addition to a $97 discount I also got a better deal on bandwidth :slight_smile: .

Yes, its a nice deal and also a fair to Affiliates by DreamHost. You’ll be excited to know that using a promo code one gets 300gb space and 3tb bandwidth on L2, 400gb space and 4tb bandwidth on L3 and 500gb space and 5tb bandwidth on L4 plan beside with the extra feature and/or discount. Therefore again usually you get a better “weekly increase” on every higher plan.

You’ve just started your site thats why bandwidth and disk space usage isn’t much till now. But its increasing everyday. Right? Just think about the usage after 1 year!! You may usually need more than 2tb bandwidt. Isn’t it? But for the periodical increase you’ll get total 800gb extra bandwidth limit at the end of the year. And same way for the disk space limit. So you are just out of the tension to upgrade your hosting or get a new one which will cost more money and also a hassle. No doubt its just a very very nice deal and a way for DreamHost to say the customers- “thank you for being with us”.
Exclusive promo codes:
[color=#CC0000]FUN55[/color]=150% disk space & bandwidth
[color=#CC0000]FUNIP[/color]=1 IP $60 off
[color=#CC0000]FUN1D[/color]=200% disk space

One thing I’d like to clarify is if in future I upgrade to a higher package does this mean that I would get the higher usage plus what I have built up on my current package or would it reset and start again.

Nope, you keep what you’ve got. Pretty cool. In fact, I’ve spent more type typing this message than it takes to upgrade.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

The same question from me too…But i think if it reset therefore it will not be much problem. Say you got a L1 plan and you’ve passed 2 years with this plan. Now you wanna upgrade your plan. At this time your total disk space(includeing gained weekly increase) will be approx. (200+50+50=300)gb and bandwidth (2000+800+800=3600)gb. So if you upgrade to L3 and if it get reset you’ll get 300gb disk space and 3tb bandwidth (if dreamhost give you the previous amount.So there’s also another question?!) and you’ll get 1.5gb disk space and 16gb bandwidth increase every week. That means your disk space and bandwidth limit increasing is more speedy than L1… But another thing is most important that if someone want to upgrade plan it will probably for being placed on higher server,that means more speed. Thats also a very very important thing. Because mostly its deadly harder to gain even 2000gb bandwidth. So if you can reach 3600gb bandwidth(also earning much more money through the site), you’ll usually want get a dedicated hosting. However, now we got 2 questions:

1. What will happen if anyone upgrade to a higher plan- simply reset or upgrade including gained extra disk and bandwidth?
  2. If anyone upgrade to higher plan will he get previous limit or not? Again if he used a promo code while signing up(start up) will he get any advantages?
    Waiting for clarify…

Exclusive promo codes:
[color=#CC0000]FUNIP[/color]=1 IP + $60 off

Thats not only pretty cool,thats very very very very hot :slight_smile: :slight_smile: . Now my 2nd question…?

Exclusive promo codes:

Thanks for very clear explanation

I will be signing up with a promo code
Again very very very thanks to all for let me knowing about promo code.

NOW, I have all my question answered even I know what i should know about DH.

THANKS TO EVERYONE for answering with explanation

Now DH is really my dream host :slight_smile:

You’re most welcome and its our pleasure to talk and help each other and also new guys. However, welcome to DreamHost (in advance) :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Exclusive promo codes:

That’s a bit premature! It will also keep you up nights. You won’t GET to sleep until the next big router outage because you’ll be too busy trying to figure out how to use all that bandwidth and disk space. (and posting hate messages at www.dreamhoststatus.com)

Just letting you know what you’re in for.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

I don’t wanna comment. Cause i don’t know what is in his mind. But i can say about myself. I already told my plan and wish to make a downloading(music related and mobile contents) site. It will be really…really hard to reach 100gb storage usage. But ofcourse i and everyone want to get more and more traffic on own website. But again if i reach a remarkable amount of traffic i’ll upgrade to a higher plan. I think it will not be a problem with money if i can gain high traffic. But the main reason i’m being fan of DreamHost to know(from customers here) that they’re much friendly and they really care customers. Again its also about to feel safe having a larger disk space and bandwidth,although you may or may not utilise the big amount. No doubt there’re some people on the dark side and willing to utilise completely and make others cry…Its all about humanity.

Exclusive promo codes:

For someone with the right temperment, Dreamhost is awesome.

You sound like our kind of guy.

Yes, welcome to DreamHost and don’t hesitate to post over in the Beginners Forum if you’re looking for any help!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options