About domain

I was wondering, I have friends who want to have a little space on my website. But they have their own domain name bought on netfirm. I understand how to create new users but how do i connect their old domain to my hosting service?

For now i only have one domain name registred on my server, does that mean that i have to transfer their domain on dreamhost?

For now when i create a new ftp user… I cannot se the webpages in HTTP format i am right?

You just need to get them to change the DNS information wherever it is registered.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/DNS

Once these have been changed at the registrar you can just add the domain in the control panel as you would if you registered it yourself.

$97 DISCOUNT [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color], Double bandwidth or disk [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2BW[/color]or [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2SPACE[/color]. More codes

thx alot :stuck_out_tongue:

Make sure your friends are well aware of the Terms of Service - particularly around the distribution of copyrighted content.

This is because you as the account holder are held accountable for any domains hosted under your account. Dreamhost isn’t going to be assholes about the occasional slip-up, but make sure your friends don’t put up something that’ll get you banned.

Don’t get all worried and paranoid about this, but I wanted to make sure you reminded them of that. :slight_smile:

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes