A week gone with a failed domain transfer

My domain registration with the original registrar has expired and I need to transfer it to my dreamhost account. I thought I had already transfered it the day I signed up for dreamhost, but I guess not. Anyway I unlocked the domain, set the namesevers again and attmpted a Registration Transfer. The transfer failed though because I appearently was supposed to change my registration to a public one from private with DomainsByProxy. The transfer pending is still shown on my dreamhost panel, but I cannot make another request until after full week… is there anyway to speed things up? or is there anything else I should make sure of before the week is over?

If the registration expired, I don’t see how you could transfer it. If you let a domain expire that you care about, I’d try renewing it through your current registrar, then worry about the transfer later. Otherwise, you’d probably have to wait for it to drop and hope that someone else doesn’t it grab it before you.

If you’re able to renew it there, you’ll probably have to wait 60 days before you can transfer it away anyway.

You don’t have to register it here to host it here. If it’s registered at Godaddy, or where ever, just set the nameservers to ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreamhost.com and ns3.dreamhost.com.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH.