A little scared to join

I’ve been seeing a lot of negative feedback in several web hosting reviews websites, and i have to ask to other users around…
1)Is uptime and speed really so terrible right now? All i’ve heard is that it’s been getting awful
2)Histories about fraudulent billing and payment situations hunt my mind, anyone got any of this?
3)I can’t load the signup page, what’s up with that?

Thanks,
Ziggy

It appears that several people are seeing issues with speed of late, whether this is being looked into is anyone’s guess as I am yet to see any sort of formal response from Dreamhost regarding the issue.

[quote]
2)Histories about fraudulent billing and payment situations hunt my mind, anyone got any of this?[/quote]
I haven’t heard of any bad reports on this aspect before.

[quote]
3)I can’t load the signup page, what’s up with that?[/quote]
Dreamhost doesn’t want your business maybe? Who knows but this is a very serious issue that one would hope that Dreamhost would also take very seriously.

Web Hosting Reviews

Apparently, signup loaded… It took about 1 or 2 minutes to do so, but it did (and timed out a few times)…
Another one: What’s up with promo codes? I tested one, but nothing happent, the page kept loading until it timed out and i had to start de signup process all over again O_o

There is currently an ‘issue’ with promo codes, with perfectly valid promo codes showing as INVALID by the system (after much delay) I have contacted DreamHost regarding this issue and have yet to hear back from them. I can only suggest that you try again later, perhaps someone at DreamHost will fix the problem.

As for your other questions; I have been with DreamHost for a little while and for most of that time things have been excellent. However, recently there have been reports from users regarding slow loading times on their sites etc.

Personally, my sites are still working fine, but the Web admin panel is frequently slow or un-available, which does makes things extremely difficult.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEFIFTY[/color] ( Click for details )

Can i get your web’s URL to check the speed and such? Thanks :slight_smile:

Click on the link in my signature, also another one of my sites is www.austraracing.com, this is a Wordpress 2 site.

Web Hosting Reviews

They both seem to be working decently fast… I’ll wait until they fix the promo code system to signup then :slight_smile:
Thanks for everything!

Oh and i saw that bandwith says “increases by 8GB each week”… What does this mean???

This is basically a ‘loyalty’ thing, the longer you stay with DreamHost, the more storage space and bandwidth they provide.

For example; On the Level 1 plan, you start with 20GB storage and 1000GB of traffic bandwidth. Each week 160MB is added to your storage allocation and 8GB is added to your traffic allocation.

I hope the above explanation makes sense. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEFIFTY[/color] ( Click for details )

Dreamhost offer incentives for their customers to stick with them for their hosting, when you sign up the plan you pay for is allocated a specfic amount of bandwidth, the incentive part is they will increase the amount of bandwidth on your account by 8GB per week for a Level 1 plan, every week you stay with Dreamhost.

They also increase you storage space as well which is the other incentive, I can’t remember off the top of my head how much the space increases.

Web Hosting Reviews

The increases are listed under each plan on the plan comparison page.

What plan is best for you? Compare from this list and select the best plan

take a look at the “Everything’s slow?” thread in the Troubleshooting forum before you join!! WARNING