This is going to be mostly about domains, since I’m dragged here mainly because of the prices My plan is to use one of them codes that give you 5 or so free bonus domains (instead of the 1st year rebate)… But now back again to the point.
Do you guys know whether:
- The domains that I am to register may be IDN - with those non-ASCII chars., or not?
- If I’m not wrong, these free registrations (those bonus ones from the promo code, as well as the ‘usual’ one) instead of registering a new domain can be used to transfer my old domain(s) from somewhere else?
- Are these free domains really my property, or is it just Dreamhost LLC lending them to me?
- Have any of you done transfers of ownership of those free domains? Between Dreamhost users or between a DH user and a third-company user?
- The last question will be about the hosting itself… I heard some time ago that there aren’t really any resource limits on Dreamhost, and that here is probably the only overselling company in the whole industry that enables one to use his whole bandwidth/diskspace. While that might have been true, it seems like there’s some kind of VPS over here right now… So I thought that maybe they do force those resource hogs to the pricier accounts (like their competition) after all… Do you guys know how does this matter look like nowadays?
Thanks in advance for all answers!