A few questions (Domain and server softwares)

Domains:

1. Is Private registration available? If so, is it for free or do I have to pay?
  2. If I create a subdomain, will everything be automated (no need to contact support to get them to point the subdomain to my account)?
  3. If I register for the 1 year package, is the domain free as long as I stay with Dreamhost or just free the first year and I have to pay afterwards?

Server softwares:

1. What’s the versions on the server softwares Dreamhost uses? (PHP, GD, MySQL, etc)

Thanks for answering :slight_smile:

1) Is Private registration available? If so, is it for free or do I have to pay?

Yes. They say it is free, but you know nothing is free; it’s included.

2) If I create a subdomain, will everything be automated (no need to contact support to get them to point the subdomain to my

If everything works correctly. Usually does.

3) If I register for the 1 year package, is the domain free as long as I stay with Dreamhost or just free the first year and I have to pay

As long as you stay, “for the life of the hosting”; see 1.

tor.eff.org

You can choose between php 4 or 5 for each of your domains and subdomains. All new mysql databases are mysql 5.

You can also compile your own copy of php (or just the php.in file) if you need to. Many perl modules can be installed on your if they’re not on your server as well.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

1. PHP 5.?

For PHP 5, can you be specific with the complete version number? I need the complete version number because the php framework “Prado” requires PHP 5.1.0 or higher.

1. MySQL 5.0 or 5.1?

Which 5.x version of MySQL?

1. Innodb support?

I want to create tables using Innodb instead of MYISAM.
Is Innodb enabled? with foreign key constraints, which only innodb has, the ER diagrams generated with desktop applications gives a nice Diagram of how each table is related to one another.

Thanks for the info!

I don’t know if it’s consistent across all servers, but for me:

PHP 5.1.2

MySQL 5.0.16

InnoDB is supported.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH.