A few question before buying

Hello, I’ve a few question before buying…
May I know…
~If I’m using some other hosting, would DH helps to transfer it if I get some problems? Or restore a Directadmin backup?

~If I’m using Mysql 4 now, would DH helps to transfer it? It is difficult to do it…Since database character using is Big5…

~What is the version of Mysql?

~What is the CPU limit of DH? How many members can be supported at the same time for a BBS (say…vBulletin)?

~Does the hosting allow_url_open?

~For the domain, I’ve a domain in Godaddy and I’m going to use it for the site, can I still hold it there without change the nameserver?

~If I don’t need the free domain ,can I get some refund?

~Can I pay though Paypal?

~Can anyone give me a site(BBS) which is using DH as a sample?

• there are tutorial on the wiki, but always keep a backup of your website.

-don’t know

-no limit unless you really use too much (i know it’s not precise)

• fsocket open works

• you can still use godaddy and change nameservers

-no, it s a free domain that you can use if you wish when you want.

-yes (you may need to validate your account first).

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

If I’m using some other hosting, would DH helps to transfer it if I get some problems? Or restore a Directadmin backup?

Transfer should be easy with shell access. I suppose DreamHost will assist you in transfering your files and databases. Alternatively, refer to the wiki.

If I’m using Mysql 4 now, would DH helps to transfer it? It is difficult to do it…Since database character using is Big5…

You can refer to this wiki page for help.

What is the version of Mysql?

The version is 5.

What is the CPU limit of DH? How many members can be supported at the same time for a BBS (say…vBulletin)?

There is no hard limit on CPU usage.

Does the hosting allow_url_open?

Yes. Refer to this wiki page for help.

For the domain, I’ve a domain in Godaddy and I’m going to use it for the site, can I still hold it there without change the nameserver?

You would probably have to add a NS record within your domain.

If I don’t need the free domain ,can I get some refund?

I suppose not as the domain is included with the plan.

Can I pay though Paypal?

You can contact DreamHost to request a payment via paypal.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Check Out DreamHost Promo Codes

Just to clarify a few points

[quote]What is the version of Mysql?

The version is 5.[/quote]
You can also choose php4 in the panel if you want for each domain/subdomain. currently 5.2.2 or 4.4.7

[quote]
Can I pay though Paypal?

You can contact DreamHost to request a payment via paypal.[/quote]
When you sign up Paypal should be an option at the bottom. It may be in some cases this is not available and you would need to contact dreamhost to allow this. This seems to depend on which country you live in.

[quote]If I don’t need the free domain ,can I get some refund?

I suppose not as the domain is included with the plan.[/quote]
You can’t get a refund but you don’t need to get the free domain straight away. If you want to add a domain later you can still do so for free. If you do decide to transfer the domain you have you should be able to apply the free domain offer to it.

$97 DISCOUNT with [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color]
More codes

This is a customer-to-customer forum. You’d contact DreamHost pre-sales customer support via this page.

Again, I recommend contacting customer support if you want a real committment.

As Moua said, it’s 5.0, but as there are older databases that were created on 4.1 that are still running (I think), they may be able to accomodate you if you really need 4.1.

DreamHost support has a lot of knowledge of what loads are appropriate for shared hosting and whether you’ll have trouble. When you contact them for the questions above, tell them how many pageviews you’re getting per minute at peak and how many posts per day/hour/whatever. They’ll be able to tell you whether DreamHost shared hosting can handle it.

I have nothing to add to the fine answers already provided here!

Just one thing to add/ask. You mention you want to keep the nameserver at GoD*ddy. Did you really mean to say that or do you just want to keep your domain registration there. You know you can keep your registration there and change your nameservers to DreamHost and that this is the most common way people have their domain registration and hosting at separate places, right?

[quote]~If I don’t need the free domain ,can I get some refund?

~Can I pay though Paypal?[/quote]
Again, admirably handled by others!

You could check out and see if any of the DreamHost Site’s of the Month are running a board. I’ll let you know if I find one!

Again, I hope this addresses any additional issues that haven’t been answered by the other fine posters in this thread!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options