A few quesetions regarding Server Move

All my sites under various users have been moved to anther server. My questions are:

1. This doesn’t affect any of my MySQL databases, right? They are NOT moved in this case and remain where they were, right? Are they separate from where my files are being hosted?

2. I can still access the old server. All the content under those users are still there. I guess they will all be purged. But in how long? 30 days? I made some changes in the old server before I was told the server’s been moved, will the changes be reflected to the new server? In my understanding, the old server is now just a junk yard of files that have no use or meaning whatsoever, so whatever changes I made there will have no effect or meaning at all. Is this correct?

The reason I ask this is because it kind of confuses me as there are now duplicate copies of my data on 2 distinct servers. I want to update my sites but I don’t know which one to go with.

Please help me. Thank you!

Correct. MySQL databases are stored on a separate server from your files. We do move these around on occasion, but the process is largely invisible.

All correct. We keep your files on the original server for at least a week or so as a safeguard against issues during the move, after which they are removed. Unless we’re notified of a problem, though, we don’t perform any extra copies of data after the move is complete — any changes which you made on the old server will be lost.

Thank you Andrew!