888 promo and rewards

the 888 birthday promo-pop-up states:

“Customers using the 888 promo code will NOT count towards anyone’s referral credit.”

Does this mean never? Just for the duration of the promotional billing cycle?

Anybody? If I can get a definitive answer here before support gets back to me on it I’ll withdraw my inquiry from the bulging queue (got someone wanting to sign up this afternoon, trying to decide how to handle it)

thanks

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

If you refer me to Dreamhost and I sign up using the 888 promo code, you won’t get any referral bonus for me. This is only when the user signs up using the 888 code.

So, it won’t be an issue if they don’t use that code.

================================
I’d give my right arm to be ambidexterous!

Got a similar reply from support, neither addressed the specific issue of duration so I’m assuming the implication of never is correct.

That really sucks. Good way to cut down on that pesky referral money going out eh?

If I signup with Dreamhost and I don’t use the 888 code you will get the referral bonus. This only effects new customers that use the code.

Correct, sorry I wasn’t more clear, I understand that.

My gripe is that I face the moral delimma of whether or not I inform the n00b about the sale or not. I always will cuz that’s how I am. So in effect, I get no referals from anyone I sign up untill this promo is spent.

It pisses me right off it does.

Ah, I see. Well, the promo will only last for 888 new accounts, so it’s first come, first served.

The referrals will start to roll in again :slight_smile:

Riiiiiiight :slight_smile: How long was the 777 promo going on? quite some daggum time. 111 more will go that much longer I’d assume.

I’d like to know if this is a ploy to cut referal payouts.

I have two hopes for Dreamhost, that they can cope with all the new business and resource multiplications and get back to the performance standard of several years ago (pre-promo-craze days), and two, that they’d remain above board with their dealings with their customers as always. Those are the reasons I’ve been here as long as I have.

If performance continues to degrade and things like this popup that cause me to wonder if they’re trying to thwart the referal progam… I may as well start looking elsewhere.

I honestly don’t think they can live with that 80% off pricing for good; but if that is really the case, how on earth will they be able to afford ANY referral payout at all?

To have lived is not enough for them, they have to talk about it. – Samuel Beckett

I don’t expect Dreamhost to give me more money than my referral pays for their domain…that is just plain stupid.

777 gave reward after customers renewed the /following/ year (at full price). I found that prudent and fair, and am annoyed at the avoidance of what is an obviously reasonable middle ground.

what gives folks?

. … …:herebox.org:… … .