888 Plan gone?

Is it dead? Or can i still get it? If i cant… Is there any codes that I can get a discount on it?

Thanks in advance.

ya, I think it’s gone. DH regular deal is still pretty good though. You can use the promo code “matttail” for a one time $30 off any yearly or two year payement (or $20 off if you’re paying monthly). Check out their regular plans, and see what you think. referal link

-Matttail

Is their a way to check if its gone (Try signing up with it)? Would it say “Promotion not avalible” if it dosnt exist anymore?

You can try and see if it works, right up to the point just before committing yourself. Let us know what happens.

Not sure which DreamHost plan is best for you? This chart lists the plans.

sigh that was such a good deal that. I just snuk in as one of the last people. But only for a year :(. And I wanted a second account, i come and check back and gone it is. So, whats the best way of getting discounts other than “Matttail”? Do we still get 97$ for referls?

[quote]So, whats the best way of getting discounts other than “Matttail”? Do we still get 97$ for referls?

[/quote]

LOL! There are A LOT of ways. I haven’t created my own DreamHost promo code yet (something like “PRUFROCK” perhaps). The $97 referral commission is still here (and probably will stay for good, or even better).

To have lived is not enough for them, they have to talk about it. – Samuel Beckett

ok sweet :). So how do you make your own? and these referles how can they do it? you get like as much money as you payed signing up.

By the way a question also, since i have an 888 promo account that means i cant use the referls. I can however create a new account and then get referls on that? and can you refer yourselve or do they register your ip or something?

One point re referrals: you can’t refer yourself.

Compare plans here and use sweetdream25 at signup to save an instant $25 off.

[quote]I haven’t created my own DreamHost promo code yet

[/quote]

Just did. :wink:

Get [color=#CC0000]$50 Off[/color] with promo code “DAYDREAM” at DreamHost.com

[quote]Why/How did you pick that amount?

[/quote]

That’s actually the lowest Max Discount. And I think it’s a better and easier-to-comprehend idea to use 1 standard discount. I also have 1 promo code which takes off up to $97, but I would only render it to my clients. :wink:

I suggest we all don’t post these promo codes in here or at most set a max like you have. If we all start listing codes it will become a bidding war and in the end there will be no reward “margin” left.

The best choice is if we all just post our referral code in a signature and then get the max referral on average. It can’t be enforced I know but it’s the best way for us to maximize the rewards. I think this was called the “prisoner’s dilemma” in school.

Cheers,
Peter

Not sure what plan is best for you? Compare plans here

To tell the truth, I haven’t quite look into (not to say use) the promo code thingy UNTIL matttail’s post in this thread. But then I find it very interesting: what is the lowest discount that a referrer is willing to give? M (Max Dscount) -$1? Or even M -$0 just for ruining the party? So even when promo codes (or discount amounts) are not allowed HERE, there will certainly be bidding war in some major forums out there. Once the word is out that e.g. using the promo code “PRUFROCK” could get you $97 off, who would go with “DAYDREAM”? And we all know this kind of freebies/goodies spread like flu; remember “777”? :wink:

I didn’t just post my promo code either, the origional poster asked if there were any other promo codes besides the 888 one. I also figured it was a bit obvious that this was my person thingy, as it’s the same as my user name.

Also, what’s wrong with posting promo codes, so long as they’re obviously such. Why would they be baned? We had a discussion (in OT i think) about signatures and rewards links a couple months ago - and signatures with links are still allowed.

I agree that it would be bad for everyone to go happy go luck with posting their own promo code! we’d have more posts then when someone brings up Front page gasps in horror But if someone answers a prospective customers questions about DH, what’s the problem with providing a promo code. This abviously less intrusive than any kind of link, becuase the new sign-up has to remember to type it in.

That’s just MHO.

-Matttail

Guys don’t get me wrong. I meant to say either we don’t post our own codes or we set some limit.

I think we agree we don’t want it to run out of control where our codes are ratcheting up until there’s no reward left for us.

To max. our benefit it’s best we don’t post the codes at all. An alternative is we set a limit. Sort of a “cartel” but if we all agree then it’s better for all of us.

Cheers,
Peter

Not sure what plan is best for you? Compare plans here and use code HAPPY50 to get 50% off (up to $50).

[quote]An alternative is we set a limit. Sort of a “cartel” but if we all agree then it’s better for all of us.

[/quote]

I doubt any consensus is possible or ethical, esp. when the market of referral promo codes is competitive in nature. And we only need a couple of non-complying users to ruin the party (or cartel).