777 Promotion thingie after 1 yr

Question: If you got in for a year worth of hosting for a cheap price. The org. price for the plan was $119 if im not mistaken. Question is, how much will the plan be after 1 year? ;( Would people with the 777 need to sign up for the $119 plan or just canel with dhost? Dhost servers are fast enough for me so i dont plan on leaving dhost. Just wondering what price should i expect?

GottaDeal.com Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

At the end of the promotional period (one year), the plan will go back to its regular pricing ($9.95/mo or $7.95 if you prepay for two years).

k, thanks :wink:

setup fee? Wow, that would really b bad. I hope not

[quote]Another question is what happens if prices fall during the year?
[/quote]

I’m sure the second-year hosting fee will whatever the pricing is at that time, so it might not be exactly $119 by then. However, DH has a history of not lowering the prices but adding features instead, so it would be reasonable to assume that $119 will be the price next year too.

Setup fee? Good question!

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options

Yes, you will have to pay setup fee of $49.95 if you want to pay month to month. So if you are coming off the 777 plan, you will either need to pay $59.95 for the first month and then $9.95/mo after that, or plop down $119 for the year.

(to setup what, is beyond me since you will have already been a customer for a year, and certainly it doesn’t cost them 49.95 to set up monthly billing.)

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page
MP3Mystic - Personal Streaming Music server.
(Neither of these sites are still hosted at dreamhost)

Going by your definition, where it’s either $119 for a year or setup fee plus monthly billing, it would be clear that they want to make you sign up for an entire period. And why not? You can always jump out and get the remaining pre-paid money back. Only snag would be if you can’t afford $119 up-front, but then the monthly option is also not good.

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options

The setup fee is waived if you sign up for any yearly payment plan, and the 777 promotion is a yearly plan. At the end of the year it will just renew and you will be charged the standard yearly price for the plan ($119.40, I believe) and will not be charged the setup fee since it was already waived.

• Dallas
  • DreamHost Honcho

Unless you choose to stay with the same plan “CDI” and have monthly billing. Since there is all that setup that needs to be done… like… er… ummm. you know… setupie type stuff.

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page

The setup fee is waived if you sign up for any yearly payment plan, and the 777 promotion is a yearly plan. At the end of the year it will just renew and you will be charged the standard yearly price for the plan ($119.40, I believe) and will not be charged the setup fee since it was already waived.

• Dallas
  • DreamHost Honcho

Thanks, woooo! So if i wanted to pay month by month instead of a PUMP BIG SUM of 119.40, i woudlnt need to pay a setup fee?

Twista Said:

[quote]Thanks, woooo! So if i wanted to pay month by month instead of a PUMP BIG SUM of 119.40, i woudlnt need to pay a setup fee?

[/quote]

Dude, Read what he said again:

Dallas Said:

[quote]The setup fee is waived if you sign up for any yearly payment plan, and the 777 promotion is a yearly plan. At the end of the year it will just renew and you will be charged the standard yearly price for the plan ($119.40, I believe) and will not be charged the setup fee since it was already waived.

[/quote]

He doesn’t say anything about monthly payments… He says “Yearly plan” the whole way through. “you will be charged the standard yearly price for the plan ($119.40, I believe)”

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page

If you switch from yearly payment to monthly payment, you will be charged for the setup fee at the time of that change. The promotion is a yearly payment plan so if you want to switch to monthly at the end of it you would be charged a setup fee then.

• Dallas
  • DreamHost Honcho