530 Login incorrect

Well here I am, a complete newbie at all this. And for the past few days I’ve just been trying to hard to figure this all out, but I can’t, even with other threads and forums.

I might as well explain everything. I registered my domain at Namecheap, and well I did the transfer thing to DreamHost, and all that, tried to One-Click Install Wordpress, thinking I’d be set to start right away, but no matter what I did with that, the wp-admin.php pages would NEVER load, I cleared the cache, cookies, history, and everything as advised from other threads. I always got ERROR 324 Empty Response, meaning the page just wouldn’t load. So after 3 days of suffering on that, I gave up and tried installing Wordpress manually.

So I get Filezilla, and after an hour or two of figuring out which Username and password I’m supposed to use, I finally got a Green response instead of

Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server

But now I’m getting this.

Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

I’ve changed my password multiple times to see if that’s the case, and like advised in other threads, I waited at least 30 minutes to a couple of hours for the passwords to set up or whatever. But still the same result. Two days trying to fix this.

So I went to check back on the /wp-admin/install.php
And now I’m getting this.

[i]Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at mysql.theartsofman.org. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?[/i]

I’m sure it’s talking about the files that you download normally with Wordpress. Is it because Filezilla was finally able to establish a connection? Because I still can’t upload the files because of the login error.

Your wp-config.php file needed to be updated. I did that for you just now, and your site is showing the WordPress install page! I’ll be sending you an email about it too :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! Everything is fine now :smiley: