500 Internal Server Error

My site (http://www.nickbouton.com/) just decided to explode, getting 500 errors on all PHP pages, but static HTML seems to work fine. Did something change with the PHP config today?

EDIT: checked my error logs - looks like the PHP MySQL module isn’t loading properly:

[Fri May 13 12:54:33 2005] [error] [client 216.231.59.8] Premature end of script headers: /dh/cgi-system/php.cgi
php.cgi: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[Fri May 13 12:54:35 2005] [error] [client 216.231.59.8] Premature end of script headers: /dh/cgi-system/php.cgi
php.cgi: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[Fri May 13 12:54:35 2005] [error] [client 216.231.59.8] Premature end of script headers: /dh/cgi-system/php.cgi
[Fri May 13 12:54:57 2005] [error] [client 204.244.112.100] Premature end of script headers: /dh/cgi-system/php.cgi
[Fri May 13 12:54:57 2005] [error] [client 204.244.112.100] Premature end of script headers: /dh/cgi-system/php.cgi

Please fix this! :slight_smile:

-nick

I got that too on my subdomain (which uses php)

My entire site is php (http://www.guidefox.com/) and it’s down as well.

Really bad time for the site to be down, too. Slightly comforting to know it’s not the only one affected though.

Slightly comforting to know it’s not the only one affected though

Yeah, I was editing something and had just re-uploaded it and refreshed the page to see if it worked when it messed up. I thought I did something I wasn’t supposed to X.x

Hopefully it’ll be fixed soon.

I’m also getting

[Fri May 13 13:05:13 2005] [error] [client 209.124.151.229] Premature end of script headers: /dh/cgi-system/php.cgi

Well yeah - that, and the comfort in knowing that dh support is (hopefully) being flooded with requests that they fix this as we speak.

I have about 10 sites down with the same issue.

Getting the same errors. I literally had just pressed “Optimize Database” in SMF 1.03 and I just about messed myself when that error started showing up. Hopefully the support team is aware of it.

Seems to be fixed now, thanks for the quick reaction. :slight_smile:

-nick

Appears to be working again (at least for me)

All domains down, the simplest PHP throws the error.

HELP!!!

guidefox.com up and running =)

4:15 EDT

I’m having the same problem. I tried to rebuild the php but I’m still getting the error in error_log

I’m getting this error on wilshire.dreamhost.com now.

Did anyone figure out what the cause was?

Ah, it’s back up now. I guess it had something to do with the upgrade to Sarge…