-I have been using different file extentions for server-side includes per Dreamhost (or so my buddy tells me). I implmented them during our migration to Dreamhost and they have been working so I didn't question it. Just checked and I don't need to change the file extensions, I'll fix that later.
-Here are the headers off a regular page:
I got this from a template so I if you see something crazy let me know.
I cleared my caches and IE still won't use the missing.html but Firefox does.
I used the sniff website you suggested, here is the response:
HTTP Request Header
Connect to 188.8.131.52 on port 80 ... ok
GET / HTTP/1.1[CRLF]
Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,/;q=0.5[CRLF]
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/220.127.116.11 Web-Sniffer/1.0.24[CRLF]
HTTP Response Header
Name Value Delim
HTTP Status Code: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Feel free to check the url: www.scooterlounge.com.
Cheers and thanks for your help.