403 error "You don't have permission to access / on this server."

Hello, I get subject error message when trying to access my site at http://www.thelifeinaday.com.

This was a photo-a-day project that I ended on 31 December 2012 and haven’t made any changes to since then. This is only significant because I know that I haven’t made any changes since 31 December. And this error started after I last updated the site, so I can’t figure out what changed.

I tried to access http://www.thelifeinaday.com/wp-admin to see if it was something in my WordPress settings, but I get the same HTTP 403 error there.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time and advice.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, I fixed it for you.

Apparently when we auto-upgraded your site to WP 3.5.1, the permissions got set wrong on your webfolder, so I changed it to the correct one (755) and voila!

In the debugging, I noticed you had WP Super Cache enabled, but the .htaccess and wp-config.php files didn’t have any of the settings in there, so that was causing the error to be kinda cached. I turned off the plugin, but you can reactivate it as needed :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to update your themes and plugins!

I have the same problem
You don’t have permission to access /track.php on this server
can you help?

carvinet - I would if your forum account used the same email as your hosting account. Raise a ticket in support and link back to this forum post, so support knows exactly what’s up.

Not sure I understand what I need to do
[hr]
Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /track.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2 Server at pyatnickiy.ru Port 80

What’s your domain? pyatnickiy.ru isn’t hosted on DreamHost.

There are 2 replies missing above yours. One from AndrewF followed by one from myself.

pyatnickiy.ru is a redirect dump used by a botnet. I posted about this in reply to carvinet yesterday indicating that his account may be compromised after AndrewF had posed the exact same question that you have.

Both those posts have been deleted.

I will add here that this is not the first time that posts have been edited/deleted at this forum.

We do delete posts on occasion. I will use my EXCEPTIONAL lack of sleep as my excuse for not catching that. Thanks, sXi.

Well it would be harder to catch after relevant info is deleted by someone abusing the admin rights :wink:

www.uncoeurpourlesautres.org

carvinet, that site isn’t hosted on DreamHost either! It appears to be hosted by iWeb Technologies; please contact them for details:

http://iweb.com/hosting-support

Same error im getting. Kindly help me out!!!
I’m a beginner in web hosting. I purchased a domain from bigrock.in and opted free hosting from freehosting.com. After changing my new nameservers in bigrock given by freehosting.com, my page opened and displayed the message as " your site is up and running". In that page, it asked me to delete the default “index.php” and upload my site contents.

I uploaded and when Im going to my site, Im getting an error of “Forbidden 403 - You don’t have permission to access / on this server.” Kindly assist me.

Thanks in advance…

It seems that we have a recurring theme here: Your site is not hosted on DreamHost. Please contact your hosting provider (or sign up for DreamHost).

Andrew - I’m having the same issue at brian-swartz.com and mine most definitely is hosted on DH.

If you or any other kind heart would point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

Thanks,
b

i have the same problem…403 error on www.promipymes.gob.do

i gave all files permission and im hosted on dreamhost

Hi - is it possible to fix mine to - http://marcelleleblang.com - if you click on the upper headings the same message is visible.
Thanks,
Adi

Hi everyone , can you help to fix a problem with website , after i fiish to publih my pages and i try to visualized my website thats this error it give me

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access / on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

the website name
www.ayitifoodusa.com

Thanks alot ,

INGBAzIL

I’m having the same issues! 403 forbidden. Started last week. All 3 sites of mine (all hosted with dreamhost) were down for a while. This happened right after I was registering a new one too. My sites came back for a brief 20 minutes and I saw the login screen for my new WordPress site, logged in once and then BAM!, it went out. After that, I get a 403 forbidden on all my sites trying to login to them. It’s as if my username and password won’t work. BUT I can login to my FTP servers with the same username and passwords. So SOMETHING IS WRONG!!! I have chatted with Dreamhost twice only to be told that it’s me putting in the wrong password and i need to wait the 15-20 minutes to let the system reset itself. I did that over and over again and even waited the entire weekend. Still happening! I’m about to lose my mind! I’ve submitted a ticket - yesterday - with NO REPLIES yet! And from the looks with all the notices that they have with connectivity issues, I’m guessing it’s bigger than they say. But I’m getting sick of this. It’s happening more and more with Dreamhost. They need to increase their help or something. I don’t have time to wait. I even setup another sub-domain on one of the sites that I cannot connect to either. Even though I’ve gotten the token email stating that Wordpress has loaded and it’s ready. I click the link and it states the server can’t be found on that one. Come on Dreamhost!!! I already moved one site last week because a client was sick of the issues of their site going down. Are you gonna force me to move the others now?

You should start a new thread and then give a bit of info, e.g. your DreamHost server, what software you have installed, do you have .htaccess etc… But by my reckoning (using a whois), your domain is not on DreamHost.
[hr]

You should create a new thread for your problems and give some info about your DH server, MySQL server, software being used, version of PHP, and – if possible – the web site URL! Without that info no one from the community or DH can really help.