301 Redirect issues unanswered in other threads

Hello there I am noob, I have not found what I am looking for anywhere on the forums, so I am posting a new thread.
I am trying to redirect my webpage to the index, let me explain; I did a 1-click install of Wordpress into movementmotors.com/index I need to use .htaccess to redirect movementmotors.com to movementmotors.com/index. Every time I try to redirect it I either get a 500 internal servor error or what it is now, just a directory of my domain.
This is what is in my .htaccess file

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

END WordPress

What do I need to change so that when people go to www.movementmotors.com it will directly take them to www.movementmotors.com/index?? I have tried various coding in the .htaccess file but none of it worked, so here I show it unadulterated.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am aware that I could always delete wordpress and install it directly to movementmotors.com. This was an error I made when I installed. I’m a noob.

Cheers.

I don’t think you looked hard enough

Sorry my bad, I will go suck on my thumb somewhere. Thanks and please delete this thread.

in your directory movementmotors.com there needs to be an .htaccess file with:

Redirect 301 /index.php http://www.movementmotors.com/index

This is assuming in that directory you have index.php in there. I have not tried to see if it would still work if you did not have an index file in that directory at all. If you had index.html etc you would need to update that part in the .htaccess file accordingly. Basically since the server is set to display your index.php (or whatever) when someone goes to www.movementmotors.com so if you put in a redirect it will make the request send you to wherever you had listed in the .htaccess file instead of that index file that it would normally display.