2nd page's content is same as 1st - Unintentional

I suspect I’ve made a pretty basic mistake, but so far I have been unable to figure out how to fix it.

• All the names that follow are just for illustration purposes -
    I have a DreamHost account with a single User: “jamesford.” The Name of the account is "James Ford."
    I have an existing webpage on a domain we’ll hypothetically call “LOST-Kate.com” (I got the domain when I signed on with DreamHost). The directory has the same name and it uses Wordpress.
    Tonight I added a second domain (“LOSTKate.org”, with a directory of the same name) under my account (same user and Name as above: “jamesford” and “James Ford”). I did the quick download of WordPress, checked the site, and…the content of LOSTKate.org was the same as the content of LOST-Kate.com, except for the theme. I didn’t want this and I’m not sure what I did to make it happen. I don’t remember selecting Mirror or Redirect, but I suppose it’s possible.
    I deleted the .org directory, but I’m at a loss as to how to proceed. Is it because I am using the same user name: “jamesford”?
    Any help is very VERY much appreciated!

Same user name should not have anything to do with it. However if both wordpress programs are pointing to the same database, then the content would be identacle.
Silk

Ahhh. I remember selecting the same database. Is there any way to change the database, or must I delete the domain and re-host it?

Thanks.

Domain does not have anything to do with it. In the web panel create a new database, then reinstall wordpress and select the new database. It may take awhile for the database to be created, I think around an hour. So be patient.
Silk

If you feel comfortable editing the wp-config.php file and don’t want to use a separate database, you can make a change that lets you use the same database for multiple wordpress installs. Open wp-config.php for the newer installation in a text editor and look for this section:

// Change the prefix if you want to have multiple blogs in a single database. $table_prefix = 'journal__'; // example: 'wp_' or 'b2' or 'mylogin_'Yours will likely say “wp_” (the text that says “journal_” is because I copied from one of my installs) – just change that text in the quotes to something else, anything else, and that installation will be able to co-exist happily in the same database.

Thanks, daisygirl! :slight_smile: