#2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet'

Hi all,

I am not able to get access to one of my databases through Dreamhost. It randomly gives me an error when I select the database through phpmyadmin:

#2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server at ‘reading initial communication packet’, system error: 111

I have tried adding my local IP address as referred to here: http://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-116616.html

This didn’t do anything, as I’m only accessing through the Dreamhost Phpmyadmin (though I ssh’d in and that failed as well). I restored the database using Dreamhost’s webpanel, and that did not register any errors.

What is happening, and how can I fix this? Currently the entire website is offline and not connecting to the database.

Thanks!

submit a support ticket

Already done…waiting for reply.

The only additional bit of info is that it indicates “No Tables Found”. Strange thing is I restored the database from the panel and received confirmation there had been no problems.

look forward to hearing from Support.
Todd

there’s little advice anyone can offer without more details… details which are readily available to DH support…