$100 discounts signature, is it true?

I saw someone’s signature said
by type promote code can get 100$ discounts.

by 1-year pre-payment plan, will only cost $100++ plus
if typed in with promote code, will i only be charged few bucks ? anyone can tell me ?

$97 is the max that Dreamhost gives us, which we can pass on. The codes are real.

Anything above $97, you would have to work out with the person offering it to see how they plan to pay you. At time of sign-up though, none will show over $97.

Exception: Dreamhost can make any promo code they want. Dreamhost promo codes (not customer promo codes) are are always numerical, whereas ours have to contain at least one letter. Note that 000 isn’t the same as 0O0… so you’d have to watch for that.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Know that an L1 account is $22.40 prepaid for one year with a 97$ discount.

Not a lot to get started, if you don’t like it - get out within 97 days and get your 22.40 back.

(Unless you register a domain then you’ll not get $10 back to pay for the one year registration).

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

thanks friends, this goes really kool
if i use one of your promo code, I checked will only need to pay 20+ bucks. nice

will there be service difference between 100+ and 20+ ?

make a confirm and go with it …

You get the same service whether you use the discount or not. There are other promo codes that will get you other features like extra domain registrations, but the straight cash discount is hard to beat if you’re not sure you really want to host a site.

yes, i’m sure i want to host my site.

there are few more things i still want to confirm with dreamhost

first off, i’m trying to run a 5,000+ members php forum, connection might be over 500 per mysql at same time, will there be CPU overloading problem ? please tell me accurately
i want no trouble afterwards

[quote]first off, i’m trying to run a 5,000+ members php forum, connection might be over 500 per mysql at same time, will there be CPU overloading problem ? please tell me accurately
i want no trouble afterwards[/quote]
I once ask question about marketplace website to the support. Their answer is that they will try to accomodate us as much as possible, one of them is by moving us to a less busy server. But if your site consumes cpu load too much, they will recommend you to upgrade to a dedicated hosting plan.

Hope this helps.

[b]$97 OFF with [color=#CC0000]LUCKYYOU[/color] promo code SIGN UP NOW

Without actually seeing your code, and relying only on your description, I think you are unlikely to be able to run this site successfully on any low-cost shared host. but I have no way of knowing for sure without seeing the server load created.

SH does not have “hard” CPU limits, but will curtail access to your site if it is negatively impacting others sharing your server and their ability to operate their sites.

500 concurrent connections, even without MySQL, might be too much. I could be wrong, and you should probably ask DreamHost directly yourself (http://dreamhost.com/contact.cgi).

I’m not trying to discourage you, but you should know up front what you are likely to encounter.

–rlparker