1 MB upload limit?

Some months ago my upload limit for image files changed to 1MB.

I do not know when or why.

I have some photos between 4 and 5 MB I need to get on my site, before tomorrow morning if possible.

When I look up this issue, I see various people claiming there is a 7 MB limit.

So why is my Media Library set at 1 MB and what can I do about it?

Thanks!

I am not sure why the configuration changed because you didn’t share have enough details. assuming you’re talking about a php application, the upload limit can be modified editing phprc (php.ini) and you will find documentation on the knowledge base: https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/214200688-php-ini-overview and specifically https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/214200558-How-do-I-increase-the-PHP-upload-limit-

If those articles don’t help, please provide more details here so we can give you more specific suggestions.

OK.

I am in my FTP of my site successfully.

I got into the Functions.php and inserted the code

@ini_set( ‘upload_max_size’ , ‘64M’ );
@ini_set( ‘post_max_size’, ‘64M’);
@ini_set( ‘max_execution_time’, ‘300’ );

Which the Wordpress folks said would increase my upload size.

But my Wordpress dashboard only says 1MB limit when I go to add a photo.

CAN I put the photos I need, which are about 4.5MB onto my site via FTP?

If so, where do I put them so they will be in my media library?

Another BUT

I do not have access to my subdomain onemanz.com/guitar, which is actually my main site.

How can I get to those files via FTP???

Thanks. Sorry, I do not know what info to provide. I was not able to find php.ini before I posted on here.

I will give this a try. I see this article says to look for or create phprc.

I will probably not have time (I know nothing about editing php or css or anything.) until later tomorrow.

So I am just going to put the photos on as 1MB and when people click on them it will go to the full size that I will put on my other site.

If you can’t find php.ini or phprc you’re probably looking in the wrong place. You say that you don’t have access to your site via FTP:

why is that? How are you trying to access your site via ftp? what’s the error message?

You need access via SSH or SFTP in order to find or create a phprc file. Read the documentation on https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/214200688-php-ini-overview, it’s a good way to start.

If you’re stuck, come back here and tell us exactly what you did, what failed, what error messages you see and all details you can gather.

I AM using the instructions.

I put in my host: onemanz.com

I put in the correct user: tspnyc

I put in the correct password

I put in port 22

I get a failed to connect error, after it puts sftp:// in front of the domain name.

I remove the s and try and it lets me in.

But apparently in a limited way. I see the php files and the WP folders (wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes)

This are all inside a folder with my domain name.

But I see this up in the script above.

rror: Authentication failed.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server
Response: fzSftp started, protocol_version=8
Command: open "tspnyc@onemanz.com" 22
Command: Pass: ********
Error: Authentication failed.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message… [this was after I removed the s from sftp]

To make matters worse, my other site tspguitar, which uses a different user is getting Failed to Write to Disk when I try to upload a 2.25MB jpg. When it says it has a 64MB limit.

???

this looks correct… what makes you think that these are not the complete list of files of your wordpress installation? If you think it would help, consider sharing a screenshot of what you see.

But I see this up in the script above.

This suggests that you put the wrong password initially and the correct one later, when you used ftp only.

Let’s do one thing at the time, otherwise we go crazy. Can you pick one of the domains and keep working on it until we figure things out?

You need to reliably access your domain via SFTP/SSH (or FTP would work too) before we can proceed to modifying the phprc file. Do you see the hidden folder named .php when you connect via (s)ftp to your server?