1 FREE domain registration

Hello

i would like to ask when i sign here i read that i will have my own free domain name

First where do i have to Regisiter it ?

Other think if i move from Dreamhost can i use this domain name in other hosting ?

i just need to make sure … it is going to be my Full domain name i can Control it like i want ?

Thankyou very much :slight_smile:

a) you can register it with DreamHost (or your preferred registrar)
b) yes
c) yes
All the best -
marsbar

Bob is right! My sincere apologies for the misinformation!

• marsbar

I sign up for Crazy-domain-Insane with 1/year with free domain name registered.

My Question is : After 1 year, If my service at DH is finished. Can I still use that domain name is somewhere else without paying anything to DH for Domain name’s fee? Or I have to pay $14.XX for the Domain name’s fee in order to have a ownership of that domain while I can host it at any other Webhosting services?

[quote]After 1 year, If my service at DH is finished. Can I still use that domain name
is somewhere else without paying anything to DH for Domain name’s fee? Or
I have to pay $14.XX for the Domain name’s fee in order to have a ownership
of that domain while I can host it at any other Webhosting services?

[/quote]

You would have to pay the $14.95/year fee for the registration if you wanted to keep it registered with us, though there’s nothing stopping you from re-registering the domain with another registrar if you’d like. We don’t hold domains hostage. :>

Also, note that the free registration is free as long as you continue hosting with us - not just for the first year.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

hello

When i try to regisiter a domain i see this
Register a new domain (.com, .net, .org, .info, .la)

so i pick .la

when i complate in the end it ask me to choise the plan to pay…and it say only the .com .net .org .info can be regisiter for free in your hosting plan . ? anyway idea

[quote]when i complate in the end it ask me to choise the plan to pay…and it say
only the .com .net .org .info can be regisiter for free in your hosting plan . ?

[/quote]

Unfortunately, this is correct. I’m sorry if that wasn’t made very clear before. Only “.com”, “.org”, and “.net” domains are free.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

How long time take the free domain registration offer in Crazy Domain Insane plan?

I choose my domain that Dreamhost offer to me for free and I pay the one year per-payment plan, but I can see that this domain still available in Whois from www.netsol.com

Domains can take a few days to trickle through the internet. If your ISP doesn’t resolve the new domain yet then it might be farther away logically than other hosts.

Want to save? Use promo code sweetdream25 and save $25 instantly. Pick your plan from this chart and join Dreamhost today!

But the problem is that the Status in my Control Panel for the Domain is: Unknow :frowning:

Just FYI, .info domains can also be free with a hosting plan!

josh!