Current time: 04-18-2014, 01:04 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

godaddy Sopa action
02-27-2012, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2012 09:24 AM by SurfZen.)
RE: godaddy Sopa action
I love the fact that they put that "we oppose SOPA" message on the transfer page!

CEO Warren Adelman admitted, "We have observed a spike in domain name transfers, which are running above normal rates and which we attribute to GoDaddy’s prior support for SOPA, which was reversed."

The company faced accusations of purposefully slowing down domain transfers due to the mass exodus, and apparently even got to the point where they started calling users transferring domains, begging them to stay.

Love it!!

BTW, I've been a GoDaddy reseller for almost ten years, but each year I resolve more and more to find another company to sell domains through. Still looking. I always recommend keeping registrar and host separate to my clients (and obviously recommend Dreamhost for hosting), but will no longer be recommending GoDaddy for its low price. The company is clumsy, and they don't really understand the web ... as evidenced by their initial stance on SOPA ... but also by their convoluted and spammy interface. You're right about them seeming desperate. They constantly seem to be trying to upsell you on everything. It's tedious, and associating with them makes me look bad, too.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
godaddy Sopa action - jimspins - 12-29-2011, 05:32 PM
RE: godaddy Sopa action - bobocat - 12-29-2011, 05:46 PM
RE: godaddy Sopa action - Andrew F - 12-29-2011, 05:55 PM
RE: godaddy Sopa action - Gene Steinberg - 12-30-2011, 06:27 AM
RE: godaddy Sopa action - SurfZen - 02-27-2012 09:16 AM