Current time: 04-24-2014, 11:13 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rewards Account & Referring URLs
04-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Rewards Account & Referring URLs
Hi,
Since the time I joined DreamHost, I wanted to become a big affiliate of DreamHost. And after 3 years, I became a big one. Well, not that big but I was making good amount of money from DreamHost rewards program. I am the first one in organic ranking for 'dreamhost coupon' keyword.

Few days back, DreamHost suddenly suspended my rewards account for the violation of their rewards terms http://www.dreamhost.com/rewards-terms.html . The reason given is that I am buying search advertising on 'DreamHost' related keyword.

I am certainly not buying any search advertising on 'DreamHost' related keywords. At first, I didn't understand why DreamHost Abuse Team thought that I am buying search advertising.

Well, I tried to find the reason and I found the reason. There are many referring URLs in my affiliate report, directly from Google.com which makes any body thinks that the traffic comes directly from Google.com instead of my web site which is possible only in paid advertising using direct linking. So it's obvious that the abuse team thinks that I am using search advertising using direct linking.

The truth is that there is some problem in tracking referring URLs and that's why affiliate report shows Google.com as referring URLs even though visitors come from my site. I have made short video which shows the same bug. You can watch it http://tmpimgs.dreamhosters.com/DH-Rewar...wards.html .

I have already send this detail to abuse team 3 days back. I haven't got the any response yet. I know this is customer-to-customer forum but I am just taking my chance. I just hope that somebody from DreamHost support at least view my video.

Thanks,
Dhruv.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Rewards Account & Referring URLs - dhruvypatel - 04-14-2011 11:58 AM