Current time: 04-18-2014, 01:04 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HTML Assistance
03-19-2002, 04:36 PM
HTML Assistance
Hi Bob,

I did increase the cellpadding value and it did give me a sufficient indentation, thank you. I realized that I could only do it up to a point, however, because if I kept increasing after that, it merely caused the text to scoot over to the right side of the page, not stay centered. Also, it doesn't seem to apply itself uniformly on two different pages even though from what I think I understand, it should. For example, on the "homepages" page <<http://www.bavariagen.com/homepages.html>> everything in the second content area started to shift over to the right after a value of "97", but on the "zip code" page, <<http://www.bavariagen.com/zip.html>> those seemed to stay somewhat centered on the page (but *they* went over to the left side) at "100" and beyond (and right now that text is still over to the left side). Maybe this happened due to some difference in the way I entered the text in the html?

On the zip code page, is it possible for me to make a table within a table? I'd rather have a table for the zip codes instead of just a list, but I'm not sure I could make a simple table, stick the html for it in there and have it work because the second content area already is in table form.

Another thing which concerns me that I have tried to figure out so far without success is this: I don't understand why there are such big blank vertical spaces between the bottom of the light blue box menu and the beginning of the second text area. I would like to eliminate a lot of that to make the page appear more seamless, the text from the first content area should flow into the text of the second content area with just maybe a line break or two to accommodate a visual separation from the blue menu index box. I thought that it might be the "tspace.gif's" on the page causing that, but removing one of them didn't seem to make any difference that I could tell.

I did notice that on the homepage <<http://www.bavariagen.com>> the text he entered for me on the bottom of the page in the second content area doesn't have that big vertical gap and I tried to compare things to understand why it was happening on the other pages, but he wrote the second content area html a bit differently on the homepage from what he gave me to work with on the other pages. I didn't understand all of what his html writing meant and couldn't make a valid comparison to the other pages to do the same there. I can see that "<p class="med2">" refers to the font size but he's got a "<center>" tag in there and there is nothing I see which would account for there NOT being a large vertical gap between the index menu, the first content area and the second content area.

It is so frustrating! It's turning out that I have to learn these html things which I had hoped to save time by not learning and paying him to do instead. By the time I get things done the way I'd like them, I will nearly have been able to create the whole website by myself. :-(

Thanks for your suggestions and for listening,
Joanne
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HTML Assistance - Joanne - 03-18-2002, 03:13 AM
HTML Assistance - prufrock - 03-18-2002, 08:54 PM
HTML Assistance - Joanne - 03-19-2002, 03:48 PM