Current time: 04-23-2014, 09:20 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Page load times in different countries
08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
RE: Page load times in different countries
(08-02-2011 09:39 PM)bobocat Wrote:  I'm not sure how much good it would do though as 90% of the hits to my site can't be cached because all the Ajax calls need to be customised for each click, but it is worth looking into.

Right, CloudFlare wouldn't help with AJAX calls, for that you would need to move to a distributed hosting service like Google App Engine (http://code.google.com/appengine/).

However, page-load times are important for AJAX apps, even though page-load times don't include AJAX measurements. AJAX apps are typically much larger then static pages, with many more components (Javascript libs, css, ui images, etc). The size and component count all add extra latency.

A slow-loading app will make a bad first impression, and users may leave before any AJAX calls are made.

Note, I still think the page-load times you are seeing are wacky. I gather Google Analytics only measure page-load in a select group of browsers (Chrome, IE9, IE+GoogleToolbar), which could skew the results. The browsers make a weird mix of early adopters (Chrome) and trailing edgers (IE6+GoogleToolbar).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Page load times in different countries - habilis - 08-03-2011 08:40 AM