DreamHost Forum
99 posts to DreamMaster! - Printable Version

+- DreamHost Forum (https://discussion.dreamhost.com)
+-- Forum: Retired Forums (/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Offtopic Discussion (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: 99 posts to DreamMaster! (/thread-69685.html)

Pages: 1 2

99 posts to DreamMaster! - funks - 01-30-2007 07:48 PM

Does DreamHost provide dedicated plans in China? I've found a few options on 33Link China Mainland Dedicated Hosting, but would like to first get comparison of the plans. What are the options available in China?

99 posts to DreamMaster! - wholly - 01-30-2007 08:29 PM

This question might be better addressed on the new users/prospective users forum. It might be even better if it were asked of DH directly since in the end they know all the answers. Kinda like a spouse. But cheaper.

Wholly

99 posts to DreamMaster! - scjessey - 01-31-2007 08:03 AM

Quote:The customers always know best, except when Dallas says otherwise.
Sometimes I cannot figure out why you like to be hosted here. You spend a lot of your time making disparaging remarks about DreamHost and its employees. Did they wrong you, or something?

--------
Simon's website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code SCJESSEY100 (details)

9 posts to DreamMaster! in the forum - forgotusername - 02-06-2007 02:20 PM

Congratulations

Title DH DreamMaster!
Total Posts 2000

9 posts to DreamMaster! in the forum - Raz2133 - 02-06-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:Congratulations
Yeah, congratulations ardco.

I didn't notice that you'd actually made it! Smile

Hmmm... just checking my profile, 3 posts to go for me (well, 2 now). However, I am seriously considering changing my username here, meaning I would be back to scratch, arh well, it's just a title. Wink

Mark

--
Save $50 on DreamHost plans using PRICESLASH promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

9 posts to DreamMaster! in the forum - rlparker - 02-06-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:However, I am seriously considering changing my username here
Say it ain't so, Mark, say it ain't so! People grow to depend on a persona they trust Wink .

On the other hand, if you did change your use name (after you reach DreamMaster!) you could always do it again. - I, for one, would rather see just a number of posts than such titles associated with a user - but the titles server the same purpose, and to each his own, YMMV, etc. Smile

--rlparker

9 posts to DreamMaster! in the forum - Raz2133 - 02-06-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:Say it ain't so, Mark, say it ain't so!
It's true I'm afraid. Sad

I have been using the name 'Raz' since back in the early '80s. Well it started out as 'Razoo', as in 'Not worth a brass razoo', got shortened somewhere in the Amiga era and over the last couple of years I've added the '2133' (my CPU clockspeed at the time), simply to avoid the 'username is taken' error when signing up for forums etc.

Anyway, in short, I kind of figure its time for a change, I'll probably just use some variation of my real name.

Quote:you could always do it again.
Hmmm... dual 'DreamMaster! title holder, now there's something to strive for. Tongue

Mark

--
Save $50 on DreamHost plans using PRICESLASH promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

9 posts to DreamMaster! in the forum - wholly - 02-06-2007 09:02 PM

2133 - was that in kilohertz?

Then mine would have been 1023 (bonus to the person that identifies that machine)

Wholly

9 posts to DreamMaster! in the forum - Raz2133 - 02-06-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:2133 - was that in kilohertz?
Smile nope, it was MegaHertz, I only added the '2133' a couple of years ago. The CPU in question was an overclocked 1.6Ghz P4 Northwood.

Quote:bonus to the person that identifies that machine
Hmmm... 6502 CPU on an Apple II of some description?

I dimly recall the Commodore 64 having a 6510 at around 1.03Mhz, well at least it did for NTSC versions, I believe the PAL version was 'hobbled' to just below 1Mhz. Smile

Mark

--

99 posts to DreamMaster! - evL - 02-06-2007 11:51 PM

Hmm...

Sounds like ya'll would also drive around and
around in a parking lot just to get the spot
closest to the store.

Healthy people push their cart out to the spot
where their car will not get dented.

-

[ evL ]