DreamHost Forum
Is anyone still having problems? - Printable Version

+- DreamHost Forum (https://discussion.dreamhost.com)
+-- Forum: Customer Discussion (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General Troubleshooting (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Is anyone still having problems? (/thread-51412.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Is anyone still having problems? - 614mike - 07-24-2006 11:21 AM

I know we all went through issues the last week, but I still am having loading problems on my site as well as other problems. My site 614design.com loads very slowly or loads everything except the flash files (which are just small slideshows). Also when I try to use webmail it just freezes and then goes to a page that says imap connection dropped. I use macmail as my mail client and it logs me out and ask for my password every 5-10 minutes or so. I asked DH to run a test and they said everything seemd to be OK. My site is just an online portfolio, but I get alot of hits from online advertising, and if my site is dead I lose potential money, which I am sure alot of you do too. Any ideas or similar problems? Thanks.
Update: I tried to edit this message to get it more clear of what was going on and it took me 10 attempts....forum issues too?

Is anyone still having problems? - billhenderson - 07-24-2006 11:29 AM

My site has been totally useless today. Dreamhost is not responding to my support requests.

It's been 9 straight days that I've had degraded or no performance on my site and it's driving me insane!

Is anyone still having problems? - Raz2133 - 07-24-2006 11:42 AM

Things seem to have returned to almost normal for me. My sites are loading fine ('Bixel' server) and email is working (I use POP3).

However, the panel still seems very slow at times and the constant 'Internal Server Errors' on this forum are driving me insane!

Mark

--
Save $50 on DreamHost hosting using promo code SAVEMONEY ( Click for promo code details )

Is anyone still having problems? - lesbessant - 07-24-2006 12:11 PM

Yeah, my sites are slower than a very slow thing that's taking a break. Slow web, slower than normal uploads, even using the command line seems a lot slower than normal.

And the first time I tried to preview that, I got a generic 500 server error...

Les Bessant
Losing it[1]

Is anyone still having problems? - badMike - 07-24-2006 12:18 PM

My sites seem to be working fine, but I'm still having trouble setting up new email accounts, which I desperately need. A note went out saying all was fine with email again, but I'm tearing my hair out.

Support tickets have been fluctuating between 970-1000 since last night, so I guess lots of other people are having trouble and no significant advancements on catching up with the tickets. Everytime I've had one "solved" by Dreamhost or removed one from the list myself, I've added another one right back in within minutes.

Also, everytime I try to post here I get internal server errors, so that is maddening, too.

Is anyone still having problems? - am9905d - 07-24-2006 12:41 PM

All my sites where down again today so I filled a network problem report. After about an hour they were back up but they only stayed up for about half an hour and now they are down again.

Dreamhost is killing my sites the last ten days.

Is anyone still having problems? - billhenderson - 07-24-2006 12:43 PM

Me too - what machine are you on? My sites on are 'happy'

Is anyone still having problems? - westier - 07-24-2006 01:00 PM

Yes - apart from continual 'Internal Server Errors' since I first registered with this Forum today!

I have contacted Support because I can (albeit intermittently) see both my Dreambooks
http://books.dreambook.com/westier/rehoming.html and http://books.dreambook.com/westier/rehoming2.html
but my Control Panel "My Book" page tells me "You currently do not have any guestbooks". This is rubbish of course, but it does mean that, without the links to take me into my Books, I cannot edit them at all!

No reply from Support whatsoever.

Is anyone still having problems? - am9905d - 07-24-2006 01:30 PM

No not on "happy", it seems to be a general problem, even dreamhoststatus.com is now down.

Is anyone still having problems? - 614mike - 07-24-2006 01:49 PM

Is there an alternative to squirrel mail to check your email from another computer than your own? By the way my site and email have gotten steadily worse since my original post.